Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising >

Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Notices

Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Old 04-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also looking at a CC most likely for my next boat. Seems to me, as with any other boat purchase, it comes down to what's really important for you. For me, the ride is more important than the stability for fishing. I'll probably fish off of whatever I buy on occasion, but not often. 90% of the time it will be used for cruising, bar-hopping, maybe some watertoy towing, etc.
For that, I'd rather a CC with more of the performance boat characteristics, I.E., deadrise, narrower beam.
I'm limited to around 25', give or take, so I've been eyeing the smaller Concepts, as well as the new Spectre 24 CC. I definitely want a rear seat, and I also like the idea of some seating up front. Many of the true fishing CC's don't have these.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

my next
Attached Thumbnails Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising-38zfbig.jpg  
Old 04-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I forgot to add to my post...if I had the room and funds, a 33 Cafe open would be the only boat on my list. Maybe that will be my next, next boat.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Fever Mike
rainmn, Cigarette no longer makes the 33 Cafe Open. I had this boat on my list and talked to Lip-ship about it. Ocean Hawk next to Pantera makes this boat now. I do not know anything about there lay-up schedule and building techniqes though.
Yeah Mike, I know that, but since even a used one is out of my budget, it's a moot point.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Registered

Jeff:

We chose Triton for our Marina. The others you list are not in the same class as Intrepid, Triton, and Concept.

If you'd like, give me a call and I'd be happy to go over the reasons.

Tom
Old 04-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by rainmn
Yeah Mike, I know that, but since even a used one is out of my budget, it's a moot point.

new ocean hawk less than used cafe all you mwere paying for was the #1 on the side
Old 04-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Take a look at the pursuits. They are set up for fishing and have a nice layout for crusing. Not sure about thier perfomance but they are one hell of a solid boat.

Also I have on seen a few contenders at a boat show and from the looks of it I would never buy one. I hate to be negative but these were and new boats and they had stress cracks all over them. I could't believe they would bring boats like that to a show.

Just my .02

And its probably worth even less.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the response's everyone, I didnt think Id have so many options, alot of good points, and desicions to make. Thank you Again.

Tom , I will give you a call next week on your reasons, after I read the literature on Concept, I allready have and checked out Triton, Thanks Jeff Jassby
Old 04-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The 35 Marlago is a pretty nice ride as well. With the rear seat out, there is alot of room back there.

http://www.jeffersonyachts.com/produ...rlago&cat=FS35
Old 04-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine has a 25 Contender that we fish the heck out of off the coast of Cape Cod and the Martha's Vineyard. Snotty water most of the time, and it runs fast and flat. Another cc that I was very impressed with was the new Century. The company is actually owned by Yamaha and has an unbeilevable waranty. Worth taking a look at in My opinion.

Quick Reply: Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.