Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising >

Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Notices

Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Old 05-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is another angle of the design.It has a platimum and charcoal color to it with the flourescent green cat eyes.

JO
Attached Thumbnails Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising-36%5C-fergusson-paint-003.jpg  
Old 05-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is one more angle.
Attached Thumbnails Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising-36%5C-fergusson-paint-005.jpg  
Old 05-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looked at 30 Concept today, awesome boat. Rigging is
extremely neat. 225 Mercs, full hyd. steering, bolster seats with throtlles mounted in the seat, fully loaded $110k. Very impressed with the whole boat.
Now I wanna see that Renegade up close. Still like the idea of 300 Yamahas over the 225's. Everyone seems to go with the 225 Mercs. I just want all th HP I can get or I will want to be upgrading
Planning a trip to Renegade to see their 29' model.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Banned

Mike, who has the Renegade?
Old 05-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Registered

Fever Mike,
Thanks for input, I plan to head south to both factories in the near future. the price I got was basic retail, no negotiating yet Saw in the Trader a 2004 30 for like mid 80's in Sarasota. I will give them a call Monday to get the spin on this deal. I've also seen some 36's at some good prices. Do the 250 Mercs run on 87 gas? I like the Yamaha's primarily on the fact of 87 gas.
I emailed Concept & Renegade, waiting on a response from Concept. Renegade promptly returned my e-mail with all the info I requested & informed me that they were having some problems with their website & computers. Pic's would follow shortly. Everyone that has a Concept is real happy & Sign4boat seems pleased with his purchase of a 29 Renegade.
John
Old 05-09-2004, 07:00 PM

I agree with the looks of the Jupiters, you can check them out at jupitermarine.com. Anyone know anything about a Gulfstream? I saw one in FLL a few years ago and loved the lines. Considering going to CC also. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:45 PM
RNH

Default shopping for used cc

jeff, not trying to "high jack" your thread but there seems to be a lot of informed people here concerning cc boats. i also will be in the market soon for a cc console boat that i can use for cruising/fishing/and family entertainment. i want a good used 30' with twins under $50k. i'm looking at the wellcraft scarab sport model 302. anyone having experience with this boat i would appreciate your comments.

thanks,
robin

Old 05-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fyi....Sutphen builds a 28' CC that looks pretty sharp....

www.sutphenpowerboats.com

Attached Thumbnails Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising-sutcc.jpg  

Last edited by BODYSHOT1; 05-11-2004 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I thought this was a thread that asks the 'best' for all-around fishing and family cruising....... I'm not so sure Concept is the answer to that question. Nice boat with some nice folks building it, but very specific in its use. Definitely not a fish boat, and it's narrow beam doesn't make it all that family friendly either.

I've looked at all of the CC's too, and would not put Concept's rigging WAY ahead of other custom mfg's.
None of them, including Concept, can compete with Tom Greco's Manta in hull straightness and rigidity.
I'm not surprised at the amount of positive comments coming from Concept owners- all boat owners defend the boat they own and have spent lots of money on.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Alot of good information. The Concept, hands down is definatly the best in the looks and speed department, I kind of have a soft spot for that. We do alot of island hoping and river running, where when I get home, I just hose it down and flush the motors, done in 15 minutes. From the info gathered its just ok for fishing, which is ok with me. I got a call from the owner on Friday, very professional and appeasing. Looks like an awesome company that is willing to work with you. Right at the moment its between a totally different hull, a cat www.worldclasscats.com (go to product line...270SD) which I had a ride on last weekend, what an awesome ride, and extremely stable from side rollers. Nothing to look at, but wide and stable and relatively fast. So I have to make a decision once I move into my home, then Ill order another lift. Thanks for everyone's help, Jeff

Last edited by JASSMAN; 05-10-2004 at 09:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.