Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising >

Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Notices

Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Old 05-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worldclasscats,
came across a 26or 27' last summer at local hang out. Super nice boat & it was 2 years old with 830hours on the 2 130 Honda's. He had just returned from 1 month cruise in the Bahama's. Very happy customer.
Imho , the look of the Concept is hard to beat. It has a little of everything. very versatile.

Fever Mike: are you going to make the Sarasota poker run this weekend? Following weekend OPBA has a run to Bahia Beach for lunch.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:42 AM
WickedWon

Default I'm In Love

We're done boating in the Keys for this year but I can't wait to get the thing up to Lake Erie in about two weeks It's got about 30 ( hard ) hours on it now. The thing has been even better and more fun than I thought it would be. I can't say it enough THESE THINGS PUT THE FUN BACK IN BOATING ! No work ALL play ! As far as which is best it really depends on the kind of water your going to use it in and how much fishing you're really gonna do. Remember if your boats beat'n ya and rattling in a chop you look forward to pulling it back and dropping the lines, if you're scoot'n along at 55-60 effortless mph and not worrying about big fuel burn and wearing chit out you just keep crusing. On the kid front the high gunnels and tighter beam actually make them safer and more comfortable for them.

I've told you all I'm not done refining the new generation of hot rod CC's and when I'm done doing all the R&D for you guys I'll post. It's not issues with Concept this thing is a rock, it's about things that haven't been done before........why not quick power steering, a large single fill oil tank, small easily removed secure coolers..............................
Attached Thumbnails Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising-keylargo-may04-002.jpg  

Old 05-11-2004, 06:52 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: I'm In Love

Originally posted by WickedWon
We're done boating in the Keys for this year but I can't wait to get the thing up to Lake Erie in about two weeks It's got about 30 ( hard ) hours on it now. The thing has been even better and more fun than I thought it would be. I can't say it enough THESE THINGS PUT THE FUN BACK IN BOATING ! No work ALL play ! As far as which is best it really depends on the kind of water your going to use it in and how much fishing you're really gonna do. Remember if your boats beat'n ya and rattling in a chop you look forward to pulling it back and dropping the lines, if you're scoot'n along at 55-60 effortless mph and not worrying about big fuel burn and wearing chit out you just keep crusing. On the kid front the high gunnels and tighter beam actually make them safer and more comfortable for them.

I've told you all I'm not done refining the new generation of hot rod CC's and when I'm done doing all the R&D for you guys I'll post. It's not issues with Concept this thing is a rock, it's about things that haven't been done before........why not quick power steering, a large single fill oil tank, small easily removed secure coolers..............................
Man Jim your getting old. Time for the white shoes and belt and spending the day at the dog track. Fishing what is that?

Maybe sanity is setting in and your getting sick of running at 100 with your hair on fire while writing checks?

Come back to us insane people please we need you, besides I'll be an sob if I have to go to a fishing tournament to dance with Mary.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:55 AM
WickedWon

Default Ahh The Keys

Missing it already.

BTW The Yam's have been sweet, runs 72+ ( turning them out) on reg. gas. I've got new props on the way from Throttle Up...... can't leave anything alone
Attached Thumbnails Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising-keylargo-may04-006.jpg  

Old 05-11-2004, 07:16 AM
WickedWon

Default GL, FEAR NOT

My fishing days were over 20 years ago, the only place my kids are allowed to fish now is off the deck of the Lake House Yeah lets see, the #6's for WW are on their way back from TNT, the engines are back together and going on the dyno at Sterling this week, sick, sick, sick.......Real 100mph V bottoms aren't about boating, they're a FREAK'N DISEASE ( but I can't wait )

Old 05-11-2004, 07:44 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: GL, FEAR NOT

Originally posted by WickedWon
My fishing days were over 20 years ago, the only place my kids are allowed to fish now is off the deck of the Lake House Yeah lets see, the #6's for WW are on their way back from TNT, the engines are back together and going on the dyno at Sterling this week, sick, sick, sick.......Real 100mph V bottoms aren't about boating, they're a FREAK'N DISEASE ( but I can't wait )
He's back.....thank god
Old 05-11-2004, 08:16 AM
Registered

I'm still waiting anxiously for mine to get done so I can bring it home. Oh, and I've still got this big Formula taking up all my dock space I need to do something about too.

-Greg
Old 05-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Registered

What about the new Verado 250s for a Center Console? Any opinions.

Let's say twin 250 Verados on a Concept 30 or 36?
Old 05-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Registered

Good info Mike, I love this board. I learn something new every day.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Registered

80 m.p.h. sounds nice. Just a quick clarification of the Concept heritage for myself though. They are the old Apache center console correct? (I know its not the apache model with the 9'6" beam) Just curious, doesn't really matter to me, because I know they are built well. How much do they weigh with triples? 80 sounds a little slow for that much power on a 33' hull.

Quick Reply: Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.