Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising >

Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Notices

Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Old 05-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by dkwestern
80 m.p.h. sounds nice. Just a quick clarification of the Concept heritage for myself though. They are the old Apache center console correct? (I know its not the apache model with the 9'6" beam) Just curious, doesn't really matter to me, because I know they are built well. How much do they weigh with triples? 80 sounds a little slow for that much power on a 33' hull.

You won't use the "80" in one of these enough to know that you've got it !!!
Old 05-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks mike. I know very well that 80 is fast, but I was just comparing to mine, which runs around 80-82 with triple 240 H.P. That is why I figured they weighed a bit more, but didn't know exactly what they weighed in at.
Thanks for the info. Darren
Old 05-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Registered

Thanks mike. I know very well that 80 is fast, but I was just comparing to mine, which runs around 80-82 with triple 240 H.P. That is why I figured they weighed a bit more, but didn't know exactly what they weighed in at.
Thanks for the info. Darren
Old 05-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Registered

Mike, when tested in Hotboat they weighed it in at 6400 lbs. dry I'm sure. They were stock 200 outboards and went 74 in the Hotboat test. They now have shaved heads, ported exhaust, relieved exhaust, different carbs and boyesen reeds to get the extra 40 horse. I turn 27" 3 blade choppers right around 7000 r.p.m.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:54 AM
Registered

That is a sweet warranty, did they come with a 2 year, and you purchased the extra 3 or how did it work? I am just curious. Thanks, Darren
Old 05-12-2004, 09:04 AM
WickedWon

Default It's Heavy !

DK, I be surprised if I'm under 7500lbs dry, it's heavy and rides like it ( with the tank filled 225gal.+ the sucker runs like destroyer) . Speeds with 26 Bravos are 72.5 turning them out and 74.9 turning them in at 5700rpm in a 1 -2' chop with 75 - 100 gal. two people and all my junk on board. The boat is much more fun turning them out and in my opinion these things don't need to go much more than 72 -75mph. These boats are all about annoying the other CC's and screwing around, not chasing Top Guns

JAFO, there's a big difference between real enthusiasm and defending what you bought. This is my 15th boat, 11 of which I had built, after dealing with 10 different manufacturers I can tell ya these people and their product are refreshing and a damn good value Believe me, I've had boats that I said little or nothing about. I also have to disagree with a narrow beam creating a problem for kids. I've had boats with beams from 7'10" to 15' feet, most injuries happen trying to cross the open areas between the gunnels, fewer steps fewer bruises, when it comes to fast ( relative term) boats keep it tight and padded and everybody has a better time.

Old 05-12-2004, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by jafo

I'm not surprised at the amount of positive comments coming from Concept owners- all boat owners defend the boat they own and have spent lots of money on.
I gotta disagree here too !!! If I didn't like it . I'd be on here *****IN about it .... and or the service from the MFG'r. cause they didn't make what I don't like go away. That has not been the case with these folks ... They have a guy that will come and pick your boat up within a few days to take care of ANY little glitches to get you back on the water ASAP !!!

If we didn't like it .... YOU guys would know about it !
Old 05-12-2004, 10:12 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by jafo
I'm not surprised at the amount of positive comments coming from Concept owners- all boat owners defend the boat they own and have spent lots of money on.
I think it's Mercedes cars you mean not Concept boats.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Registered

You can either have the Corvette....for $119,995
Attached Thumbnails Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising-36-concept-yellow.jpg  
Old 05-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Registered

or the Cadillac STS.....for $119,995
Attached Thumbnails Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising-35zf-full-throttle.jpg  

Quick Reply: Which CC do you guys think is the best for all around fishing and family cruising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.