Notices

Is Sonic dying???

Old 04-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is Sonic dying???

What's the deal with Sonic??? I called a week ago & could not reach ANYONE!! No telephones in production, no parts persons, NO ONE!! Left a message with the receptionist and no one has called yet. I know about the supposed "merger", but Sonic has a call director that specifies production, sales & parts. None of the phones are ansered except by the Sonic receptionist who I left a "important" flag on the call back request. So much for factory responsiveness to customers & owners.

Bah-humbug!!
Old 04-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the factory last weekend. They are moving most of the production to another facility so it was kind of hectic.

Mindi from Dollar was also there setting up her side of things. She told me that they will be handling most of the Sonic parts orders from now on. She was extremely nice and easy to get along with.

You may want to try getting in touch with her. She can probably help you with what you need, or get you the right person to talk to.

Mark
Old 04-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Registered

YES,

I mean NO, Sonic is NOT dyeing, it is just REAL hectic right now, they are trying to get out of the building so Doller can get in, and move all of their stuff out, Get dollers stuff in, Painting the building, cutting up old molds, and filling Dumpsters with years of stuff.....etc. Its fun to watch

YES, meaning call Doller, Mindi, or Art will hook ya up
Old 04-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Registered

Yes they are quite busy down there.

I would like to thank Mindi, Dana and the crew at Dollar Offshore for my parts that I ordered, as usual.....FIRST CLASS SERVICE.

Sonic is in a little bit of a transition stage moving items, but hey you can still buy a beach towel at the Hollywood Plant for $40-50.00

I stopped down a couple of weeks ago, and the place will be nice and back to business as usual I'm sure in a couple of weeks
Old 04-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Registered

All that seems to answer the question except for one thing!!

Why does the receptionist not TELL callers they are moving & to call Doller for parts or information?? It was not parts I was calling about, but I did want some information... That is not Mindi's or Dollers deal.
Sorry, but Sonic has really dropped the ball here. Understanding begins with information why no callbacks will be made, rather than a promise of one and not following thru.... a simple statement to the effect:

"We are in the process of moving the production & sales facility, please call back in one week" (or however long needed)"
... or better yet, assign one employee per day to take/return calls during the move. Easy & effective & no one gets neglected or ignored. But above all, do not promise something you cannot or will not do.

Last edited by blown formula; 04-16-2004 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:58 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Isn't Sonic going to be built by Dakota (a fishing boat company) at the Dakota plant?
Actually Dakota's will be built using Sonic's process, they make some military boats and would like to be small arms bullet proof. The Dakota plant will be production, the sonic facility will be sales/service.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Registered

The Sonic dealer in St. Pete is gone. They did not last long at all. Does anybody know if they moved or did they go under? I drove by yesterday the gates were locked and the yard empty.

Mike
Old 04-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sonic does not forward the calls because marketing and sales will remain at the old plant with the new Doller. The production/building and design (ie glasswork, molds etc... will be at the new facility. If you listen to the message it tells you how to dial extensions or reach the operator, at least it did last week.
I HERE THE RACE TEAM WILL BE BACK ALSO.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Originally posted by Fever Mike
I Google and Yahoo searched for Dakota or the holding company's name Boat Works and found nothing. I have not heard of Dakota and want to find out more about them. All I could find was Dakota Jon Boats! That can't be it!

NADA does not show Dakota either.
Yeah, I never heard of them before the merger either. BUT they build fishing boats. I never did understand why anyone would want to get a nice boat dirty with guts, etc.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Registered

Talked with Fred on Thursday, Had no trouble getting through athis time. Some times when I call the recepstionist puts you on hold and takes a while to get back with you.

Quick Reply: Is Sonic dying???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.