Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A few pics from SBI miami race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76953-few-pics-sbi-miami-race.html)

RollWithIt 04-18-2004 09:20 PM

It was definately rough out there. Cashbar, ChrisK and myself talked to a few of the racers following the race and they said it was pretty bad. Possibly even worse than the Nationals at Deerfield last year. Most of the boats did not even finish the race, which was shortened initially due to the water conditions. So congratulations to the winners and get some rest for the other competetors.

BTW, The pick of the National Marine Fountain above shows it missing the starboard side engine Hatch. It came off during the race and busted the headers off of the motor on the same side. They were just ahead of Firewater when that happened.

georges 04-18-2004 09:29 PM

Originally posted by gmhdfan
Hey Josh. Thanks for the tip on the restaurant. That was a great seat to watch the race from.:) :cool: Pete

Which restaurant did you watch the race from?

RollWithIt 04-18-2004 09:35 PM

We tried finding a roof top restuarant to watch it from but nobody knew of any. We ended up on the same balcony atop the hotel where the start finish line was and TalkOffshore was broadcasting from. It was a excellent view. About 12 or so floors up and right on the beach.

gmhdfan 04-18-2004 09:37 PM

Yea, think their was a lot of hardware broke today. The Phantom boat had header problems. Simply Awesome broke a drive. Steve Quick broke something in the bottom of one of his outboards. Heard Don't Blink washed up on the beach or something?

R Addiction 04-18-2004 09:43 PM

RWI, Miami this, Miami that!!! Got some sun today!! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! I gotta get outta here!!:(

RollWithIt 04-18-2004 09:48 PM

Team Taboo had busted their mechanicals before they even got to the start of the race. Also, Bruce Seroff had some kind of problem late out on the course. Didnt hear what happened. Hope everybody can get the boats together for the next race. Good thing is that I didnt hear about anybody getting hurt out there. The boats can at least be fixed.

gmhdfan 04-18-2004 09:53 PM

Originally posted by georges
Which restaurant did you watch the race from?
Forget the name. The one on the beach @ Fontainbleau Hilton. Right where Simple Awesome broke. Batgirl said if see didn't have a cast on she would have swam out and brought Bruce a few beers.:D They did leave him bobbing out there for a long time.

Cash Bar 04-19-2004 10:11 AM

Hey Josh,
I guess from the pic of INSTIGATOR you were on the barge right next to ChrisK,RWI and myself.
ChrisK had his OSO shirt on, and Jason looked like a boiled lobster, you should have said hi.
Greg

josh76 04-19-2004 10:31 AM

Cash Bar: Yeah i guess I was probally right next to you guys. I was wearing the black h2o performance shirt. Will you be in Biloxi? We are heading out on Wednesday I think. Maybe I'll see you guys there.

gmhdfan: Great hanging out with you guys. Had alot of fun and definatley enjoyed the races. See you at the next one.

georges: the restaurant was Aquatica and the Edon Roc. It was a great spot to watch the races from and alot of people were there for the races.

See everyone in Biloxi.

Josh- H2O Performance

ChrisK 04-19-2004 10:56 AM

I have to get the pics out of my camera when I get home from work and I will post them up. Greg is correct, you must have been right nect to me when you took that picture of instigator. I have a few more where BOTH headers are broken off! not just the outside one. Does anyone know what happened to Bacardi? they just dropped out of the race.