Notices

Formula 353 FasTec

Old 04-20-2004, 04:58 PM
LPA2106

ok..so leave the steps alone for a "safety edge" just give the customer the option at the factory like Jo at Pantera and Cig and other's do as well to have some custom power and graphic options....make the dash and gauges an option pacakge...liike an "offshore gage package"

...I would be willing to bet if they did this that I would be looking very hard at a 38' Formula...my wife as you know wants a Cig and at this point I will NOT argue..I like the added freeboard in a Cig in rough water to be honest a lot

A 38' Formula...T-900HP Cobras with #6's...race farings...custom paint....SS Silencers....Hydraulic Steering...

....................100 MPH Boat...................................

Price? should be around the 350-450k range......

...how about one for the "DON?

even if they did all this in ONE model for the 353 and 382....get em back to the true offshore styling etc...cool idea?

Last edited by LPA2106; 04-20-2004 at 05:11 PM.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Cig is a Die Hard offshore boat. A Formula is multi use.
I have beat the living sh%$t out of Formulas and brought them back to the dock without a single screw being out of place. I think there is something to be said for that.
This is how I look at it. If I got caught between Dana Point and Catalina on the biggest day I have accedently been out on, what would get my family home. Formula is in my top 3.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:14 PM
LPA2106

ok agreed...don't "reinvent" the boat then....add a "special" offshore package...custom paint, power, drives, gages, delete silent thunder...no platform....what's that gonna take em a week to design and another to build a few?

Old 04-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They actually built the boat you are taklikng about. Add Kevlar hull, and you have the 383 poker run edition!
4 stand up bolsters, headsets, very nice boat!
Old 04-20-2004, 05:26 PM
LPA2106

It might be worth a call to the factory...still being offered?

Did it have all the same cabin amenities etc ? or stripped down?

Has Formula gotten into Epoxy layups?...seems like OL and the Fountain Poker Run are the only v-bottoms that have...will be interesting to see if others follow...

...I hope that Poker Formula dosent have silent thunder...not my style at all...and I like a flat transom and squared off farings...

....here is what I am talking about....undo the new and re-do it aka Don's specs!!

...my personal feeling is that molded in swim platforms look best on cruisers and not offshores...everybody has that "Cigarette" look burned into their memories...and I think Reggie would be doing himself a favor to trim the beak by 60% and ditch the platforms..leave molded as an option.....just my .03
Attached Thumbnails Formula 353 FasTec-new1.jpg  

Last edited by LPA2106; 04-20-2004 at 06:42 PM.

Old 04-20-2004, 06:47 PM
LPA2106

...I have been in a 35' Fountain and a 353 fastech...agreed...same freeboard feeling..didn't measure...same weight...both great quality all around....both targeted to the same enthusiasts...neither can be said to have a smoother ride in similiar conditions...numbers on the GPS seek for themselves as well as what's "below".....

...main difference to me is Fountain allows more customization from "paint to power" the other dosen't...

...who sells more 35'ers? Buying is the way customers vote...in hard cash...

Old 04-20-2004, 07:11 PM
LPA2106

...agreed Mike...been in both boats...freeboard is close to the same....weight within pounds....quality is there in both boats....I like what Formula does with vinyl graphics on the sun platform and seats a lot as they tie the "theme" in....would like to see more of that with Fountain...Reggie should trim the beak...Formula should offer more custom options in trim, paint and power-packages....loose Silent Thunder as "mandatory"...reintroduce the 41' Fastech..where did that go? ...both market to the same consumer...there is not a performance boater who is into comfort and one who isn't....Formula just "cruiserized" the fastech perhaps a bit too much....and Fountain is a bit too hung up on speed and could do a bit more with creature comforts/styling....sounds like the Goldilocks story...who is in the "middle chair" .....my vote now is for Cigarette...why? They kept the best of "DON"....tweeked the bottom very well....custom wise it's amazing...vinyl color co-ordination...the way they paint the helm/dash....power options from the factory unlimited, drives unlimited, they have the same "can do" attitude that Aronow had....and they LISTEN to their CUSTOMERS....and in turn they are a preserved icon....Formula could be too....and Fountain is getting better everyday....(just thought I would cover the bases)

419 fastech ( the fact they discontinued this hurts their offshore image I think)....I would want the 41' if they did it my way which "was" Don's way!

this is for sale...nice graphics! 200k... 2000 Triple HP500's...most all these boats went out with triples....I saw one with a total of 2400 HP in SCS, MI....needed lots of power...but great in big water...should bring em back for sure!
Attached Thumbnails Formula 353 FasTec-l_419fastech.jpg  

Last edited by LPA2106; 04-20-2004 at 07:32 PM.

Old 04-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Always loved the "Meteor" paint scheme and the colors. Formula was doing that maybe before the "drape the paint from the nose back" craze got started.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Cabins both have a fridge, sink, toliet and so on...what's your point with this anyway??? Seriously I came a knats ass to buying one of these boats at the 2001 Miami Boat show. I ahve rode and driven both models and spent 3 days going back and forth.

Sorry to hi-jack you thread Mr. Velocity. I just want to set the facts straight.
Do Fountains have porcelain heads? Just asking beacuse I really don't know. The 353 in question does, I'm not even sure if all Formulas. OR do all boats with the vacu-flush system hace a porcelain head.

don't worry about the hi-jack mike.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:35 PM
LPA2106

..not sure about the toilies...but I sure would like to see Formula get back to the Cigarette heritage it once had...

Quick Reply: Formula 353 FasTec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.