Protection against speeding tickets >

Protection against speeding tickets

Notices

Protection against speeding tickets

Old 04-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Protection against speeding tickets

I travel about 200 miles a day for work. 90% is on the highways. I'm always doing 80-85 mph and I've already received a couple of tickets from my donut eating friends (sorry guys). Although slowing down is obviously the easiest solution (I know, I know), I can't waste so much time driving 65 mph.

I do use a radar detector and it's saved me a few times, but CT is shooting mostly laser on the highways now. While my detector picks up laser, if it goes off it's basically telling you "Beep Beep... Azzhole, you getting a ticket!". I try to make it a point to stay out of the left lane as much as possible. And any time I see a plane or helicopter I slow down until I'm out of sight. I also watch for brake lights and scan the horizon for cars on the sides of the roads...

Anyway, I was thinking today of other ways to better protect myself and it occurred to me that maybe I should get a CB radio. I'm sure the truckers talk to each other about speed traps. ??? Do any of you use CB radios? Is it worth my money to buy one? If so, are they all equal or is there a certain feature I should look for? What's the range on them? What channel do the truckers use to rat out the cops?

TIA!!!
Old 04-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not only that, but you'll learn of any pile-ups or traffic up ahead and get the best alternate routes. CB chatter is the best way to learn the roads your driving.

I had one for years and the information you hear ahead of time is priceless.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Always use one when I'm traveling......Cant count the # of tickets i have avoided !........Lots of BS from tired truckers but, some realy funny stuff also {Kinda like here}

Stay on 19
Old 04-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SS930,

While actively jamming radar (X, K and KA) band width is not legal, jamming laser is. If you you are continually getting hit with laser, pick up a jammer. I have been told the blinder system is excellent. CB's are a great source of information but won't stop every ticket. If the local boys are shooting mostly laser, a jammer will make a difference for you.

Good luck.

Whirlygig.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

CB is the only way to go. Back up with a detecter. Besides, if you're bored, you get some real "entertainment" from the truckers!!
Old 04-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Registered

detector = valentine one. best for picking up laser on the sides.

laser jammers are a neat idea. i don't know how well they work, but i'd look into it.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Registered

check out www.radartest.com
Old 04-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Registered

whats a speeding ticket?

Never gotten one of those...
Old 04-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Registered

Check some of Car and Driver's laser jammer reviews. With a dark car with low reflective area in the front (ie. Corvette with no front plate) the laser jammers made the car basically invisible. Even with say a pickup truck with chrome vertical grille and license plate, the jammer cut the distance in half that the cop could clock you. The jammers aren't cheap - but seem worth the money (especially since I passed 4 troopers running laser this afternoon from Stamford to Hartford)! Stay away from radar jammers - the good ones were all taken off the market due to being illegal and the ones that are still for sale do not work.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Laser defusers , also some states a jammer can be used, you will ahve to search it out. back it up with a radar detector, the the licence plate covers, either the clear styles or the spray that blocks photo images. Also a cb wouldn't hurt if you can get a nice style antenna.

Quick Reply: Protection against speeding tickets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.