Notices

Apache 33 center console

Old 04-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Apache 33 center console

Tried this in Apache forum with no response.

Is anyone familiar with the 33 center console inboard/outboard model? how many made? who made them? performance?
Old 04-20-2004, 05:38 PM
WickedWon

I can't wait to get back to TAVERNIER ! Anyway, the 33 x 9' 6" wide beam was the CC actually built by Apache ( Bobby S.). The 33' x 8' was designed and built by Bobby S.( Apache) as an Offshore boat and wasn't configured as a CC until Concept bought the molds. I've personally only seen one of the " wide bodies " and don't know anything about their performance.

JD

Old 04-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

WW

Thanks for the info, I guess the CC is similar in dimensions to my 33 Donzi CC, only Apache made an inboard/outboard model, my Donzi has a pair of 250 EFIs. Is your CC a 33 or 36? I saw it at Concepts one day; it is awesome. Let me know when you will be in Tavernier; I have a place there and try to get there on the weekends. Love to see your boat on the water...how fast is it with those triplets? Is it still at Tavernier Creek marina?

Frank
Old 04-21-2004, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bobby built the wide beam model using a hull mold from the cut-down 36 Cig and a new deck/interior mold.

I looked at a couple, both outboards though, and while they had been nice boats both had been seriuously neglected. One was much more project than I had in mind, the other the owner wanted about 3 times what I thought it worth considering the amount or R&R required.

-Greg
Old 04-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Apache 33' Center-Console...

We built the 9' 6" beam center-console in 1985-88 in both a sterndrive & outboard(B-Bracket) version. Most of the sterndrive versions went out with 370 TRS packages and did 64 m.p.h. with Hydromotive 4-blades of the day. These props were approximately 3-4 m.p.h. faster than the Mercury Mirage's, at that time. I remember this well, because it was such a great speed improvement. Tony Roma, among others, were owners of this model. I remember Tony's wife wanted lessons on how to operate her new boat, so...Steve Wilson showed her the ropes. I remember Steve coming back & saying that she wanted a little bit more than... just how to operate her new boat! One 33' Center-console we built, with a huge oversize console & non-wind-resistant windscreen, Speedmaster # 3's, & big power...ran well into the 90 m.p.h. range. Most of the outboard models were rigged with twin Johnson or Evinrude 300 h.p. V-8's...Some were V-8's from "Second-Effort" in Lake Hamilton, Fl., which was OMC's Hi-Performance Outlet at the time. Both boat versions ran well. The narrower 8' beam 33' was built as a center-console sterndrive only. There was a sport-deck sterndrive deck as well. We also built ALOT of 22' Apache Scouts, in many, many, versions/powers. Eric Froberg was one of our riggers at the time. Had a great time working with everyone back then. Met a lot of famous people. Hope this helps. Ed
Old 04-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 33' Apache Open CC

I produced all the 33' Apache CC. If you are looking at one let me know which one, maybe I can help you with some background.

I produced two different models,
The first was the 33'x 8', I designed both the hull and two decks, Sport and CC. Lewis at Concept is now manufacturing the CC with his own deck design.

The second was the 33' x 9.5; this hull mold was Don's Squadron Twelve, a cut down old style 36' Cigarette race boat. I designed just the decks on this model, Sport and CC. Joe at Marlin Yachts in Miami is now building this model with his own deck design.
Both companies are putting out great products with each of these molds

If I can help let me know

Bobby Saccenti
Old 04-21-2004, 02:24 PM
WickedWon

Default Great Designs Never Go Out Of Style

Bobby, isn't it ironic ( to the naysayers) that so much of your old tooling is still producing some of the best performing, baddest in their class boats Luckily for you both molds are in the hands of people who care about doing it right so the product doesn't shame the design. All right I've got the 41' and a 33' anything else out there I should know about ? It's about time to replace my flats boat

Jim Deitz

Old 04-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello:
A buddy of mine is restoring 9'6" IO model. It was called the FOX A lot of glass work(soft floor). Will have 500 hp big blocks and bravoones. Graphics just done, should be ready in about six weeks, so no performance numbers. Any info on this boat would be greatly apprecciated

TOM
Old 04-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey tommy, i was wondering how that boat was doing...i saw it last year when he had it stripped...what an awesome looking boat...great classic lines...i may pop in this weekend...is it still at the shop? r u working on saturday?
Old 04-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 33' Apache Open CC

Originally posted by Bob Saccenti
I produced all the 33' Apache CC. If you are looking at one let me know which one, maybe I can help you with some background.

I produced two different models,
The first was the 33'x 8', I designed both the hull and two decks, Sport and CC. Lewis at Concept is now manufacturing the CC with his own deck design.

The second was the 33' x 9.5; this hull mold was Don's Squadron Twelve, a cut down old style 36' Cigarette race boat. I designed just the decks on this model, Sport and CC. Joe at Marlin Yachts in Miami is now building this model with his own deck design.
Both companies are putting out great products with each of these molds

If I can help let me know

Bobby Saccenti
heres one of Buckks

Last edited by buckknekkid; 05-16-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Apache 33 center console

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.