The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by T2x
[B]Hi Sean:

Thanks for your candor and honesty.

I rest my case..........[B][QUOTE]

Hi Rich,

You're welcome......how's the east coast? Talk to you soon.

Sean

Last edited by sean stinson; 04-22-2004 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:17 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sean stinson
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by T2x
[B]Hi Sean:

Thanks for your candor and honesty.

I rest my case..........

Hi Rich,

You're welcome......how's the east coast? Talk to you soon.

Sean
The East Coast awaits the new mini series in which the West Coast falls into the Pacific...making Las Vegas a beach front community...... I'm hopeful that the vibrations don't wake me up in the middle of the night.........

T2x
Old 04-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's funny you mention that. California is scheduled to fall into the Pacific on September 5th.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Science/...428731-ap.html

Buy your Nevada waterfront lots now.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:32 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by T2x
The East Coast awaits the new mini series in which the West Coast falls into the Pacific...making Las Vegas a beach front community...... I'm hopeful that the vibrations don't wake me up in the middle of the night.........

T2x

And the best part is, is it's a true story. I also hope it doesn't wake you up. But hey 10.5 isn't that bad.

Sean
Old 04-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't California just be a big island? It's not just going to fall in the sea and disappear. I think I'll invest in the middle or east part of the state for new protected waterfront.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:43 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Downtown42
Wouldn't California just be a big island? It's not just going to fall in the sea and disappear. I think I'll invest in the middle or east part of the state for new protected waterfront.
Gives a whole new meaning to the term......... "Cracked Crab".

T2x
Old 04-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And the rest of the guys in the office laugh when I come in everyday with "Waterwings" on. Ha!!!! Ill show them when Im floating aound.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Registered

As a pilot, a trained driver and kick-ass throttleman/driver (if I do say so myself) I can tell you that the number one thing is SLOW DOWN....and I don't mean your GPS speed. Don't make sudden corrections in speed or direction. Use input cautiously.
And DON'T do what I do, hotwire the kill switches, not that anyone would come back to get me, anyway.
Anyone know when's Cinco de Mayo?
Old 04-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Registered

If you take a good look at the running surface of a stepped bottom boat and THINK about how the hull is moving through the water you'll understand a little better about the boat, not just what all the shiny brochures said.

At speed, a stepped hull basically has two or three running surfaces depending on the number of steps. Now, think about this, you tuck the drives in to make a turn. You're forcing the bow down, right, which creates resistance, now you turn the drives, which in a since makes the boat want to "bow steer" like a cruiser, but at 90 mph you can't recover and the boat spins out. From my understanding of these boats, you want to keep them trimmed out in the turns and "slid" them through the turns. I would listen to Brian and Sean on this one as they have a ton of seat time in stepped boats and I have none, just an understanding of the hydronamics. That's why I drive a OLD ANTIQUE LUMPY RESINE BUCKET that is slow and is very predictable in the turns and I don't feel the need to run "at the front of the pack". I'm not beating on the guys that like to run at the front, it's just not MY deal. Ya'll have a great day!

Robert
Old 04-23-2004, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Tonto

At speed, a stepped hull basically has two or three running surfaces depending on the number of steps. Now, think about this, you tuck the drives in to make a turn. You're forcing the bow down, right, which creates resistance, now you turn the drives, which in a since makes the boat want to "bow steer" like a cruiser, but at 90 mph you can't recover and the boat spins out. From my understanding of these boats, you want to keep them trimmed out in the turns and "slid" them through the turns. I would listen to Brian and Sean on this one as they have a ton of seat time in stepped boats and I have none, just an understanding of the hydronamics. That's why I drive a OLD ANTIQUE LUMPY RESINE BUCKET that is slow and is very predictable in the turns and I don't feel the need to run "at the front of the pack". I'm not beating on the guys that like to run at the front, it's just not MY deal. Ya'll have a great day!

Robert
Robert....this discussion reminds me of a very similar circumstance with an airplane back in the late sixties and early seventies....It has to do with the Beechcraft Bonanza.....the infamous "Doctor Killer"........they called it that because generally it was priced so high that only Doctors could afford one....the airplane in question had shed the more "conventional" tail assembly in favor of the more streamlined, aesthetically pleasing, and performance oriented V-tail.....or better known as the V-tailed Bonanza....In a very short time the accident rate with this beautiful airplane approached a critical point as pilots seemed to auger them in with alarming frequency and subsequent high mortality rate......without going into the aerodynamics of this configuration let me say this....I have quite a few hours in these aircraft....they are still around today...... and very sought after.....The FAA did come out with an Airworthiness Directive on the empennage assembly as I recall but if you talk to anyone familiar with this aircraft, they will invariably tell you that it wasn't the aircraft at fault but rather the operator....In a large percentage of cases they did not have the experience or required skill level in many instances to pilot such an aircraft.....something that the FAA and the Press like to refer to as "Pilot Error..........." Rich

Last edited by Spitfire1; 04-23-2004 at 02:02 PM.