Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is cust.service non existent in the boat business???? >

Is cust.service non existent in the boat business????

Notices

Old 04-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM IF YOU WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A SONIC, MY SUMMER FRIEND
Old 04-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

31SS I wouldn't always get a better dock space by getting there first either. And I would have to get use to cleaning out the porta potty with other peoples girlfriends used beer.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Chuck
And I would have to get use to cleaning out the porta potty with other peoples girlfriends used beer.
I took mine out. It's brand new. Makes a better storage closet. They can use a bucket.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by hugetime1
i think i am racing, i want to race p-5
Jason, Keep us posted on doing this. I think you would do just fine in that class with your boat. A bunch of us will be down for the St Petes race

Bob
Old 04-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bob will you ride with me
Old 04-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can relate. Took my boat in on Nov 8 last yr for repair of several chips in the gel on the bottom. It was supposed to be only a 2-3 week job. The short version: several calls, personal visits.....over 4 months later before finished. The bad of it was that it was on jack stands inside the body shop for the full term. To this day I still don't know how they can run a business like that with a bay tied up for 4 months. It was only the last 2 weeks that it was worked on, and then really hurried the last 3 days of that. I did not get what was all to be done and a couple of places could have had more time to perfect the work.
Only good that came out of it is I had free heated indoor all winter storage, and another name on the list to not do business with again.

Do you think you will get the quality of work you should now?
Old 04-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[SIZE=4]YES, they all are that bad . its the norm for the marine business

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not worried about the quality of the work. Like I have said in previous posts he is a good guy, just no idea of customer service in my opinion.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Registered

Here is another point from a dealers' perspective. You guys all sound like you have legitimate problems. But here is another "typical" problem...customer shops all over, beats up everyone to get the best deal. Selling dealer makes nothing on the deal. The profit is where this items are paid from. I'm not saying pay full retail, but sometimes you get what you pay for. I have already walked away from deals where I could see it was going to be nothing but grief in the long run. Plus why tell someone what they want to hear. Tell them the truth up front even if it's not good. It's better in the long haul. NOTE: I'M NOT SAYING YOU PEOPLE ARE LIKE THIS. It's just another day in the boat biz.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 51 Posts

I couldn't agree more with all of you. I have had huge problems with my dealer (one of the sponsors of this site), once they had the cash I don't think they even remembered my name, and then with my Manufacturer becuause of one piss poor employee who made promises and then never delivered... he is no longer employed there. WOW I have stop writing before I get pissed again.

I think every make of boat has had a bad dealer and someone has had bad experiences with them.... and then we post about how piss poor they are but very few of us start theads that say 150 hrs this summer and no problems ... because for the thousands we spend we expect no problems.

Rember B.O.A.T. Break Out Another Thousand

Quick Reply: Is cust.service non existent in the boat business????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.