my racing debut is cancelled >

my racing debut is cancelled

Notices

my racing debut is cancelled

Old 04-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts
Unhappy my racing debut is cancelled

i talked with chris and was going to race for the first time in biloxi. my fiance' was very, very hesitant about me doing this, i assured her i would be safe. she is at home and surfs oso for laughs and due to the accident this morning i was given a choice - her or the race. i was really excited to race but she is a big part of my life. sooo, no race. chris- thank you for the excellent offer, but the choice is clear. i wish all racer's a safe weekend, and prayers go to the famlies of this unfortunate accident. all sports have a risk factor, and i can't risk the one i love leaving me for the the thrill of race.....

eric
Old 04-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That is to bad. Those boats are very safe and are TOTALLY different then a super cat. Not even the same game. Hope that she changes her mind and lets ya try it some time. If you get a chance to hook up with Chris hang out for a bit and maybe you can get her out for a ride. If she rides in one she may just understand.

Jon
Old 04-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Old 04-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure that was an incredibly tough decision. I can appreciate your wife's feelings.

Everytime I mention that I would like to give racing a shot, she has the same apprehensive response.

But I can fully understand it. I imagine reversed roles, and I must admit, I would be very edgy and nervous if she was out there and I watched from the sidelines.

Especially, in light of all the tragic news in recent times, It's tough to justify a few hours of adrenaline pumping excitement, for the possibility of a tragedy.

I'm sure you'll both be a little more relieved with your decision.

Like most anything else, there are inherint risks involved.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by KaamaScarab30
Tell her I said to let you race, and if you don't live, I'll be her sugar daddy.
Pretty poor taste considering the events of today-
Old 04-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Phantom1
Pretty poor taste considering the events of today-
Ooops. I had just checked in and saw Open's post (and didn't even read it closely). I hadn't read the Biloxi post about the crash yet. Reply has been deleted. Sorry.

Nevertheless, I've always been in pretty poor taste.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To race or not to race is a tough decision. I had the full support of my family when I started racing, although my parents were dead set against it. After 2 years my son started to become very concerned, it was at that point, in addition to all the political bs, that I decided it was time to get out for a while.
The only thing you can do is be a safe as possible and explain the safety steps you have taken.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Open72 don't ever make her feel regret for you not racing! Kiss her and thank her for loving you. Jo
Old 04-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You made the right choice, the timing will be better to get in a race boat.

When I told my girlfriend I wanted to go racing, all she said was make sure the Life insurance is paid, and she is the beneficiary

Nice huh
Old 04-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I refer to my wife as SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed. Thank God I've got her, she keeps me on the mostly straight and somewhat narrow - no tellin' where'd I'd be without her!

Quick Reply: my racing debut is cancelled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.