Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Receiving "cards" from a dock at a poker run. >

Receiving "cards" from a dock at a poker run.

Notices

Receiving "cards" from a dock at a poker run.

Old 04-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LMFAO

Originally posted by mcollinstn
They aren't very good smugglers. I can see all the crack.

I'd say they're crack DEALERS.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditch the cards and go with poker chips of your choosing using the clothespin concept or other method depending on the particular stop. It's easier and less time consuming logistically too. Draw the cards at the post run party and transfer the card stuffing time to pull hands at the end. Plus it adds a little extra spice to the party....Just another nickel's worth....
Old 04-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Registered

"Reckless", now that is a very good idea.........
Old 04-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Thanks. It has worked flawlessly for our annual run the first weekend of August...Much less time consuming. Ideally use one stop's chip as a keepsake comemorative of the event and as another "badge of honor" of having "done it, been there"...
Old 04-27-2004, 07:01 AM
WickedWon

Default In Defense Of some Of Those A$$holes

Keep in mind that " idleing" is different things in different boats If ya just came off plane after running the chit out of some big blower motors and they're surging.....it can get exciting. If your turning 36" pitch props and the boat runs 6 mph ( instantly on engagement) on one engine at idle....it can get exciting. If you're running 18.5 " centers on the drives.....it can get exciting. If you have to cycle the trannys in and out of gear every three seconds to keep from running over the " idleing" boats in line in front of you and the engines start to stall because of all the above...........IT CAN GET REAL EXCITING WHEN THEY WON"T RE-START

Is that enough excuses for making a scene ( looking like an idiot ) around card pick ups and rafting/docking situations ?

BTW Reckless, I like the chip idea, and no envelope stuffing

Old 04-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Registered

I certainly did not refer to anyone as "azzhole".

The only point I was trying to make is that you DO NOT have to come in real close to the dock.

For those fortunate enough to have the above post mentioned boats, I would like to think they know, or at least have some idea on how their boats operate and plan accordingly. I know all about the close centerline drives are not the easiest to manuver around docks. I was not trying to slam anyone, just trying to be helpful.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:36 AM
WickedWon

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
I certainly did not refer to anyone as "azzhole".

The only point I was trying to make is that you DO NOT have to come in real close to the dock.

For those fortunate enough to have the above post mentioned boats, I would like to think they know, or at least have some idea on how their boats operate and plan accordingly. I know all about the close centerline drives are not the easiest to manuver around docks. I was not trying to slam anyone, just trying to be helpful.
Hey, don't take my post the wrong way, you said nothing wrong. I'm just trying to let people know who have never been in one of the more " non operator friendly ) boats, that sometimes there is a lot more going on than meets the eye.

Believe me I think of myself as an azzhole when the motors decide not to cooperate in those situations

Old 04-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Registered

"WW", no problem here. Trust me, been there done that when the boat don't want to cooperate. Funny how that usually happens more when there are "watchful eyes awatchin' ".

And you are certainly right that some people do not understand how those ultra high horsepower monsters just aren't built for "slow speed zones"
Old 04-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
The "worst approach" banged the dock/pilings five times before clearing the dock.
5 times !
Old 04-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by WickedWon
I'm just trying to let people know who have never been in one of the more " non operator friendly ) boats, that sometimes there is a lot more going on than meets the eye
Very true. Crash boxes anyone ?

Quick Reply: Receiving "cards" from a dock at a poker run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.