Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Door County Wisconsin HELP Please (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77494-door-county-wisconsin-help-please.html)

Looney Tune 04-25-2004 08:49 AM

Door County Wisconsin HELP Please

For the last few years our Fam. has rented a house on Macatawa Bay, Michigan which is a small lake that leads to Lake Michigan. The house has its own dock, pool access and beach access. We have rented it again but are looking for a change for 2005.

I would like to trailer the boat to Door County and find similar accomadations. Does any one have suggestions?

MitchStellin 04-25-2004 10:05 AM

Let me know when you are here, I am 100yrds from lake Mac. Stick to this side, we have the sand and warm water from the South. Plus Grand Haven and Saugatuck. Party central.

Waterfoul 04-25-2004 10:35 AM

And we drive better here in Michigan. Right Mitch???:D

Downtown42 04-25-2004 12:05 PM

yep. Door Cty is not what is all cracked up to be. My opinion. I've gone there since 1974 on/off. Water is low and shallow in alot of areas. Docking suks for the most part. Old fart towns that shut down early. No sand. Rocks, bring spare props and your ins card. If it gets rough, don't sleep on boat, stay on dock and watch your boat all night. There are nice condo's around and some marinas that are sweet but for the most part--chuck it.
Beautiful scenery....

Looney Tune 04-25-2004 08:00 PM

Originally posted by MitchStellin
Let me know when you are here, I am 100yrds from lake Mac. Stick to this side, we have the sand and warm water from the South. Plus Grand Haven and Saugatuck. Party central.
Mitch, we are going July 24th. I will give you the gory details and you guys can boat down or up for a bbq. :D

Cord 04-26-2004 08:56 AM

I don't know if I agree with downtown. Of course, I havn't boated up there, but it sure is a beautiful place to visit! I wish that I could help you with the cabin, but i just don't know of any. I do know that there are a couple of places that broker houses out for the owners. I guess a internet search would be your best option.

Downtown42 04-26-2004 09:33 AM

Looney: If you gotta go Wave Point Marina and Resort is newer with condos(mint) or just stay on boat. 888-882-9283

Skipper Buds has newer marina stay on boat.

There is a new upper class marina and condos I think but can't remember the name. It is across from Skipper B.

All this is in Sturgeon Bay.

MARK BENTLEY 04-26-2004 09:37 AM

I live in Door County. Downtown is right in a few areas. If you have any questions, call me at work. (920) 743-7842. There are many nice areas, but there are some areas that hate go fast boats.

dkwestern 04-26-2004 09:37 AM

I live right next to Lake Mac and by Mitch, but unfortunately I'll be at Christmas in July that weeekend at PUT-IN-BAY over in Lake Erie. Do you rent the house for a week? or for the summer?