Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Skater video (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77502-skater-video.html)

mpally 04-26-2004 08:24 PM

T2x,

Did you ever race in St. Louis?

T2x 04-27-2004 11:26 AM

Originally posted by mpally
T2x,

Did you ever race in St. Louis?

yep.........

back in the 70's........

T2x

Shane 04-27-2004 11:43 AM

I watched that video at home this morning before work, and yes he is trimmed to teh moon, but he is so FAR from being out of control/blowing over it is rediculous!

Three Days Only 04-27-2004 11:45 AM

Originally posted by T2x

The boat that flipped in LOTO last year does not count as it was not a real cat.....it was built in California.

T2x

Originally posted by Spectre Man
T2X - Your gonna get slammed for that one! ROLFLMAO!

Im from Cali, and couldnt agree more. All the boat mfg'r on the west coast run center pods with twin engine applications and build there boats with open bows, and cabins 80% of the time. Some of these boats are traveling at speeds in excess of 140mph, and are time bombs. Forget about them using Foam Core Balsa, Epoxy Resin, Kevlar, or even Vacum Bagging. They build them cheap and sell them for big dollars. Most of the people running over here have no clue in the difference of manufacturing, and do not care as long as they own what people think are cool. The sad part is that most of these guys are spending over 250K on a 29' cat and it is all plywood and vinyl ester. They look pretty run fast and thats all that matters them.

My .02

Jeff / 3DO

T2x 04-27-2004 12:09 PM

Originally posted by Three Days Only
Im from Cali, and couldnt agree more. All the boat mfg'r on the west coast run center pods with twin engine applications and build there boats with open bows, and cabins 80% of the time. Some of these boats are traveling at speeds in excess of 140mph, and are time bombs. Forget about them using Foam Core Balsa, Epoxy Resin, Kevlar, or even Vacum Bagging. They build them cheap and sell them for big dollars. Most of the people running over here have no clue in the difference of manufacturing, and do not care as long as they own what people think are cool. The sad part is that most of these guys are spending over 250K on a 29' cat and it is all plywood and vinyl ester. They look pretty run fast and thats all that matters them.

My .02

Jeff / 3DO

Amen......

T2x

GLH 04-27-2004 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Those havasu rigs are all right!

GLH 04-27-2004 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They bounce of the bottom real good... to bad for the rough day what with that 10" chop.

GLH 04-27-2004 12:50 PM

They probably dry faster in plywood and vinylester.

Thanks for the pics Cig1.

LaughingCat 05-11-2004 09:06 PM

Hi 3DO,

Not sure if Maximus sent this photo. I made a still from a poker Run video shot last year. We were running from Venice back to Tierra Verde with Jay on the outside. The chopper was about 10 feet off the deck. We were running in light/medium seas, perfect sun, perfect day. No one in the run could keep up with us. The chopper stayed with us for about 4 minutes. Maximus is driving, I'm in the passenger seat with my hand in the air.

I miss that boat. Marc sent me some videos of you running after the repower. Congrats.

Jon
Laughing Cat

By the way, if you can get a copy of the video, they have some sweet music playing while we are running.