Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for LED trailer lights. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77650-looking-led-trailer-lights.html)

buck183 04-26-2004 09:12 PM

Looking for LED trailer lights.

I purchased a set of LED tail lights for my trailer. I am now looking for some clearance lights to match them.

I have found the 3 light bar on the back of the trailer in LED but need some clearance lights. I need the ones that have a center stud holding them on. Amber in color obviously. I would like to find a place that has both the side clearance lights and the rear bar so I can order both at the same time.

Anyone have some ideas?

I'll try and post a pic of the style I am looking for.

Buck

buck183 04-26-2004 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I need this in LED.

Buck

buck183 04-26-2004 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I need the style of clearance light in this pic in LED.

Buck

Donzi Corleone 04-26-2004 09:23 PM

I hope you weren't the one trying to steal mine in south Tampa this weekend? LOL ... Right there at the ramp!! There covered by diamond plating and rivet screws they popped to rivets and tried to slide in behind the plating and were unsuccsefull. Man, what people will go through at someone elses expense. Just don't let me walk up on it..If you guyz see someone fooling around someones equip. ask them what type of boat they have and generaly you'll know if this is there trailer. They're gonna hestitate with the boat type.

mfb357 04-26-2004 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Buck, sounds good. I did my whole trailer in LED. You get what you pay for in LED's some cheaper ones have less led's in them and wont hold up. I bought all flush mount rubber mounted ones they last very well. Pick them up at any place that sell heavy truck parts. Good luck, mark

Pure Energy 04-26-2004 09:27 PM

Go to E-Bay and search for led marker lights. There are plenty. Also search the web for the same.

Scott 04-26-2004 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Buck I have ordered from Susan at this place

www.kmtparts.com

Great customer service and they carry the Inovative lighting products. Innovative make some nice LED lights that I have used in the "dark areas" on the boat and truck. Innovative also make the telescoping LED stern light.

I would hope kmt offers the LED trailer lights as well.

Scott

I know it's hard too see and they are reflecting on the boards but those are the amber 3 LED step lights shining down on my running boards.
The auto resize killed this picture
:rolleyes: If you want to see a better one I can always email it:cool:

buck183 04-26-2004 10:09 PM

Speed2Lead....No offense. But it's just much easier to throw money at someone than to spend the time and effort removing someone else's lights. Just a waste of my time. ;)

mfb....I just want to order some and not mess with the hunt. I spend 6 days a week running my business with little time to spend tracking some down. Hoping someone will have a quick link for me. :)

Pure Energy....I check ebay, no dice. I did a google search with no luck also. I'll keep looking though. Like I said, I found the rear one, just can't find the right side markers.

Scott...I checked that link. Couldn't find what I was looking for there either. Truck looks good though. My opinion may be biased so I wouldn't put much value on it. :D

Buck

Formula Outlaw 04-26-2004 10:10 PM

I just did a COMPLETE rework of everything from the connector back, including running a seperate 12 guage ground wire and grounding every light to it rather than the trailer. Used all waterproof connectors with five coats of liquid electrical tape over that. Wire ties every 12 inches. Used all LED's and now has five side marker/clearance lights on each side, four amber and one red at the rear. Looks cool. These LED's are brighter in the daylight than the old ones were at night. At night they are wicked bright. :cool: :cool:

packinair 04-26-2004 10:12 PM

got mine on e-bay
http://www.stupidfastboats.com/back.JPG