HAVASU (attn: West Coasters) >

HAVASU (attn: West Coasters)

Notices

HAVASU (attn: West Coasters)

Old 04-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default HAVASU (attn: West Coasters)

I didn't get to make it to the Poker Run this weekend, but from the stories I heard, it SUCKED. I heard the AHBA is planning on NOT doing the Poker Run later this year now.

The town is making it more and more diffucult to boat there. The Marina won't let a boat over 30' launch there (was unlimited size boat-- then under 36' last year) and Windsor sucks (too shallow) There are more issues also.

I was planning on buying a house in Havasu this year to use and store my boat----now I have decided to wait because of the B.S. I don't think the town realizes how much money us "weekenders" put into their economy buying food, drinks, Hotels, etc..... I think we should write something, sign it and send it to the town committee.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??
Old 04-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

come to LOTO....
Old 04-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally posted by jawbreakerkid
come to LOTO....
Jawbreaker,
I was "passing through" LOTO 2 yrs ago. It looked pretty cool. I really would like to come out there sometime. Just a far trip from Cali.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bypass Havasu all together... I'd rather go to Lake Powell.... even with the lowered water... there is sooooooooo much more than Havasu... except the naked dancing girls.....
Old 04-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.americanhotboats.com/foru...01e36608864949

Here is Art's, aka LakeRacer, explanation from the american hotboat site.

Who said it sucked?
Old 04-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Registered

Originally posted by ToddW
http://www.americanhotboats.com/foru...01e36608864949

Here is Art's, aka LakeRacer, explanation from the american hotboat site.

Who said it sucked?
I was "told" that the Coast Guard got involved and only let 25 boats go at a time, and you had to wait until they came back to klet another 25 go. The launch ramp thing is a definate problem.

Sorry!-- I was told it sucked that the town and the CG got too much involved, NOT from the efforts of the AHBA
Old 04-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a triple axle trailer... you have to launch out of Windsor beach.... I couldn't make the tight turns to launch at the island... then got high centered on the ramp.... Havasu if a f**king disaster... then to top it off.... everywhere you beach... there is some dumbsh!t playing his f---ing rap music loud enough for the entire city to hear...
Old 04-27-2004, 03:13 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Reed Jensen
If you have a triple axle trailer... you have to launch out of Windsor beach.... I couldn't make the tight turns to launch at the island... then got high centered on the ramp.... Havasu if a f**king disaster... then to top it off.... everywhere you beach... there is some dumbsh!t playing his f---ing rap music loud enough for the entire city to hear...
Old 04-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Semper Fi
I was "told" that the Coast Guard got involved and only let 25 boats go at a time, and you had to wait until they came back to klet another 25 go. The launch ramp thing is a definate problem.

Sorry!-- I was told it sucked that the town and the CG got too much involved, NOT from the efforts of the AHBA
We were at the run, although not officially signed up. We watched the start about halfway down, just past Havasu Palms.
They were released in 25 boats groups, but they did not wait until a group got back to release another group.
There was about 5 minutes between group starts. From our vantage point we saw group 3 heading south as the group 1 boats were on their way back north.
Art explained the reasons of the 25 boats pretty well. The 60+ boat starts take up the whole lake east to west.
The 25 boats start looked much safer.
We joined in after group 3 went by and ran towards the cardstop.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G,
It was actually a very good run. 25 boats at a time was complained about at first, but it made sence. otherwise you would have 100 boats going one direction and 100 boats going the exact opposite.
The cops let alot go on (Thank God) and everyone I talked to had a good time. Sorry you didnt make the trip, would have been good to see you again.

MD

Quick Reply: HAVASU (attn: West Coasters)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.