Lake George or Lake Champlain???????

Notices

Lake George or Lake Champlain???????

Old 05-02-2004, 07:10 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by GLH
Diddo but replace daughter with son and Cpt Coke with Mill'sLit.
A good day none the less!!! Is that Kanooksters Sunsation at the Turtle?
Old 05-02-2004, 07:11 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

This is considered a small raft up at Jellyfish Joels!!!
Old 05-02-2004, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both lakes are AWESOME! Each has its own benefits and drawbacks. With regard to LG, so long as you are no being stupid and obnoxous you will be left alone. If you like to show off and make it a point to call attention to yourself, then all bets are off. LG has some GREAT attributes. But so does LC! Once you get to know LG, and have a performance boat, it gets pretty short in a hurry. 32 miles long. It is a long lake by all standards, but it ain't no LC at 120! LG can get snotty and fun but not as big as LC. LG also has some great REALLY secluded sandy bottomed coves as well as the typical party spots. I think if given the opportunity you would be remiss if you did not visit both. And seeing as they are so close to one another.....

If there is anything I can do to help you with regard to LG please let me know. I live on the lake and know it like the back of my hand. Having friends like GLH over on the BIG lake is great. He is a great guy with a beautiful famliy and a great ambassador to LC. No matter how you cut it, he still is a pointy headed Canadian though! See ya in 3 weeks buddy! And when do you want to come over and scope out that ramp? Next weekend? I will be putting the Skater in and you can come to the house and we can run the boat and see the ramp all at once. What do ya say?

Last edited by Shane; 05-02-2004 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:22 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by R Addiction
A good day none the less!!! Is that Kanooksters Sunsation at the Turtle?
No that's a 32' that made the run Kanookstr's rig had it's "time of the month" that WE!
Old 05-02-2004, 07:24 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Time 'o' the month......GREAT!!!!
Old 05-02-2004, 07:30 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Shane
No matter how you cut it, he still is a pointy headed Canadian though! See ya in 3 weeks buddy!
I have to leave the scoping to you guys looks like we'll be 3 or 4 boats so we need to know the ramp spot and Parking before we head out.
Is this available Shane...

(D) - Warren County, Million Dollar Beach. On the Beach Road in the Village of Lake George. Hard surface launch ramp. Parking for 200 cars and trailers. Closed week before Memorial Day until the week after Labor Day. Underpass clearance seven feet maximum.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:33 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

GLH, what type of Hotplates are you using to cook breakfast with? Any info....thanks
Old 05-02-2004, 07:33 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pics of some of the spots on Lake Champlain:

Mallet's Bay the lauch is beside the round silver building on the right

Parking for Lauch under "phy" on the picture

Sunset at the Entrance to Mallet's Bay

Burlington Harbor

Essex NY there us to be a Restaurant on the left of the ferry dock at the right

Plattsburgh Harbor and the "Naked Turtle"

Thayers Beach water is 3'-4' deep and all sand for 1/2 mile out. Stowe (Mt-Mansfield) in the background.

Looking South down the Lake

View from Thayer's Beach at the end of the day looking at the Adirondaks Mountains
Old 05-02-2004, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Million Dollar beach launch ramp is a million pennies. Althogh it is "crete" it is very shallow and docking is limited at best. Also the back up to the ramp is over 100 yards. I think either Fisher's or Harris bay are the best given your size etc. Nice gradual ramp, lots of docking, VERY VERY protected water..NEVER gets rough and big parking field.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:36 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by R Addiction
GLH, what type of Hotplates are you using to cook breakfast with? Any info....thanks
Big expensive ($14.99)butane stoves. Those things are bullet proof (we've dropped ours in the lake a couple times, just dried it and go)clean and they heat like crazy and can cook anything. Killer for eggs, beacon, pancakes, toast and everything else later in the day. Keep an eye on it they get HOT!!! They even come with a case!

Butan cans are around $2-3 bucks and last 4-5 meals. Weights about 5 pounds

This site has them for $14.99 but if you do a search for "portable butane stove" you can get them anywhere.

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_mi...tbutanstv.html

Quick Reply: Lake George or Lake Champlain???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.