Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
F350 owners. Does your truck pull when brakeing? >

F350 owners. Does your truck pull when brakeing?

Notices

F350 owners. Does your truck pull when brakeing?

Old 05-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F350 owners. Does your truck pull when brakeing?

I have replaced the calipers,pads and roters all o.e.m. It will be fine for a while. Then on a long trip you hit the brakes to slow down for a toll both and it takes off to the right. My tech is a friend of mine and says he has 3 other customers with the same problem. Anyone else have any info. The truck is a 2001.Im going to call ford again!
Old 05-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm . . I ran across something / blurb related to this recently . . cant remember exactly what though . . it pointed to the suspension though, not braking . . steering stabilizer or pitman arm ( or similar ) maybe ?

Crap, if I can find it, I'll post back.

Are you SRW or a dually.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Registered

Thanks! the truck is fine in town, Its wird you have to drive it on the highway to gat it to do it.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Smile

Originally posted by Jamie B.
Are you SRW or a dually.
Are you a single rear wheel or a dually.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Registered

Yes! I have this exact problem on 2002 F350. Had everything replace by Ford like you. Fine for a few miles. This weekend after 2 hrs on road it pulls violently to right to the point of being dangerous in tight trafic. If you find out how to fix this let me know. I love the truck but am about ready to trade if this continues. Mine is a dually.

Last edited by zahndok; 05-03-2004 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

You need to use a thermometer gun on each caliper after driving on the highway for a while. The one that is hotter is dragging. When you find it jack it up and then open the bleeder-if it releases you have a pressure build up. If it does not then it is either the slides or the caliper binding when warm. If it is hydraulic you either have a bad brake hose(collapsed inside) or a bad ABS modulator(if equipped).
Old 05-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Registered

My F350 dually does it. Always to the right. Not violent but enough that i'd pay to have it fixed.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Registered

The hoses are non collapsable. Every thing is wright. One of the other guys took his truck back to ford several times and thay went as far as to put pres.guages on the brake lines. Thay said it was time for springs and shocks ! ya wright!! My boat trailer is 60ft. try and keep it straight on a 2 lane bridge !
Old 05-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Yes I had the same problem and replaced everything on my F250. Finally replaced the front hoses as they were the only thing left. Problem solved. Heres what happens. The inside of the brake hose developes a small tear that acts like a one way flapper inside the hose. The hoses were pretty cheap as well. Mine probably tore when I was moving the caliper around during a brake job as the pull started right after that. Hope it solves your problem.
PS. If you went with ceramic pads and only cut your rotors, plan on replacing them soon. The different heat cycle of the ceramic will warp your old rotors. I have now cut mine twice and they are warped again. Not bad but just enough to give a little shake when braking from higher speeds.

Old 05-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Registered

I have replced them. Every thing is new.

Quick Reply: F350 owners. Does your truck pull when brakeing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.