Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Well, JCI layed out the layoff schedule today... you will not believe this! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78306-well-jci-layed-out-layoff-schedule-today-you-will-not-believe.html)

Waterfoul 05-04-2004 04:25 PM

Well, JCI layed out the layoff schedule today... you will not believe this!

When they went down the seniority list, I was the LAST one on the list to get layed off. My name is on the BOTTOM of the list. The layoffs go back as far a hire date of June 27, 1994 when all is said and done. I was hired on June 28, 1994. Do you believe it?? My plant manager told me I was the last name on the list. He also told me that when all is said and done, that date will change and I probably have nothing to worry about. My layoff date is in December, 2005. So I have a year and a half to find a new job. Not that I'm going to wait that long.

So, anyone got a 454 short block (or long block I guess) they wanna let go cheap so I can go boating this summer??? Might be my last summer of owning a boat for a while.

David 05-04-2004 04:43 PM

That sure beats 5 minutes notice!

Ron P 05-04-2004 05:05 PM

Foul, you got nothing to be pissed about.

stevebaretta 05-04-2004 05:08 PM

Foul, who is JCI?

Mr Gadgets 05-04-2004 05:34 PM

Foul,
they keep messin with your head.. keep that resume handy and go get a new one.
How have you been anyway, besides the job squeeze? I havent had a beer since we last hit the vets.. of couse I havent had time..

What happened to your block anyway. I know you have milk, but I never heard why.
Sorry I dont have any spares, but I would think there are some around. What about a junker motor, to get you out there. Truck motor or something.

Good luck
Dick

Strip Poker 388 05-04-2004 05:35 PM

I would not trust them ,I have seen them move the dates up. Maybe things will get better . Good luck

Rob

Playn 05-04-2004 05:36 PM

Re: Well, JCI layed out the layoff schedule today... you will not believe this!

Originally posted by Waterfoul
Might be my last summer of owning a boat for a while.
"Last summer boating"?? Come on Mike! You now know what is in store as far as the career with Johnson goes (and when) and can move forward. You can really start to search for the position you want and have the ability of being able to choose and not settle. Use the time to your advantage

dyno 05-04-2004 06:27 PM

Make the best of it Mike! use the year to look for the job you really want! Hope it all goes well...

cuda 05-04-2004 06:35 PM

I sure wouldn't wait for the axe to fall. Do some serious looking and find something you will like. Look at it as an opportunity, not a problem. Good luck to you.

open87 05-04-2004 06:35 PM

that sucks:(