Notices

Patience Running Thin

Old 05-05-2004, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As my buddy George says "insurance, your covered for everything except for what happens".

Insurance companies are the worst. They lose billions in the stock market, and somehow they get permission to raise rates to cover their losses. Still can't figure that one out. Does that mean if we lose money in the stock market, we can bill the insurance companies for OUR losses?

I've had a couple of go rounds with insurance companies. The one thing I've learned is that you have to really stay on top of them. I call every single day, sometimes twice a day. I go to my local agent's office. Basically I become a horrendous pain in the ass and finally they got the message that I was not going to go away. I got the state insurance commissioners office involved as soon as things started stalling. I never swore at them but I let them know I was angry and not going to quit. Finally got the money but it was a fight.

What others have said, be careful of everything, particularly the check that you endore and be sure it does not read "endorsement constitutes claim paid in full" or anything to that effect. Good Luck.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Texas is the most insurance company friendly state. Run from any insurance company that has their home office in Texas. Especially health insurance companies.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:11 AM
ccscarab

I appreciate all of your input. I will keep everyone posted as this progresses.

Here is a pic of the Boat.
Attached Thumbnails Patience Running Thin-imag00912.jpg