Oil Co. Posting Record Profits >

Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Notices

Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Old 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Looks like all the oil co's are posting record profits and even makin Fortune 500 top 10 lists. Talk about price gouging!! If the price of oil determines the gas price,we must of missed something as a consumer and not a stockholder. Hey, I'm all for makin a buck in the market but record profits in that industry while the rest of the country is takin in the shorts and using OPEC as an escape goat is just plain un-American. OR IS IT!!!! What are we going to do change are lifestyle? HELL NO..JUST BLOWIN SOME STEAM GUYS.....I dont mine payin it if it's justified,but being used is what I hate.......
Old 05-04-2004, 09:34 PM
jtmiller02

Exxon Mobil

2002 profit $11.5 billion
2003 profit $21.5 billion

87% increase in profits in 1 year

not to say they are the only ones..it was just right in front of me, but i don't think they're hurtin for cash

I'm a capitalist in every sense of the word, but I don't see much capitalism going on with gas prices, its like insurance and taxes, its more like rape than business.

Old 05-04-2004, 09:38 PM
jtmiller02

o and since its right here too

chevron texaco 2002 to 2003 % increase in profits

550%

ouch crude prices seem to be killin them

Old 05-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Registered

JTMiller, Your right on with that!!

I'm a capitalist in every sense of the word, but I don't see much capitalism going on with gas prices, its like insurance and taxes, its more like rape than business.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel the same way S2L...We're getting rolled out here in SoCal as Nort posts his gas prices from his window.. what a scam...

Tom
Old 05-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Registered

Let some guy charge 50.00 instead of 20.00 for plywood right before or right after a disaster and the state is ready to shut him down for poor buss. practices. Can you say DOUBLE STANDERDS. In this case its the war in Iraq.....RIIIIIIIGHT.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Registered

And just think, all those wonderful minds in DC can't quite figure out why the economy is in the state it's in. A 20 lb. bag of dog food just went from $ 15.29 to
$ 16.99 overnight. Everything is going up. Every single thing in our lives, in one manner or another has to be shipped. Some items, or aspects of some items, get shipped ten times, with ten different and higher fuel costs. There is no reason on the planet Earth that gas isn't in the dollar a gallon range, except for the sheer greed of the oil companies, and at the expense of the American citizens.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whattya expect?? The hapless moron from texas is leading the country right down the crapper all while his buddies are gouging us at the pumps, his buddies are the contract winners for the rebuilding of Iraq, his buddies get to ship jobs out of the US (see post of guy losing job at JCI to mexicans). Vote him in again, I dare you!!
Old 05-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally posted by d-hlaw
Whattya expect?? The hapless moron from texas is leading the country right down the crapper all while his buddies are gouging us at the pumps, his buddies are the contract winners for the rebuilding of Iraq, his buddies get to ship jobs out of the US (see post of guy losing job at JCI to mexicans). Vote him in again, I dare you!!
Thank You
Old 05-04-2004, 10:37 PM
jtmiller02

If you think the president is personally responsible for what you pay at the pump you got a lot bigger problems than the price you pay for gas.

I think all the tree huggers should pedal their bikes to work in protest...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.