Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ange!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78367-ange.html)

jtmiller02 05-13-2004 04:35 PM

haha, i was told today by my physical therapist that i'm gonna get a girl and shes gonna whip me into shape...

i'm always up for new things but whips sure sound kinky to me:D

Reed Jensen 05-13-2004 04:37 PM

OMG,,,, 500 posts on the "Ange!!!!" thread... and you people call me a 'ho...:p

Lofty 05-13-2004 04:37 PM

I need a PT like that. The last one I had waxed his arms and chest.... That creeps me out!

jtmiller02 05-13-2004 04:41 PM

Both of my PT's are hot, give u a back massage that can make a grown man cry.

If only they weren't married...

Lofty 05-13-2004 04:42 PM

That won't get in Trav's way!

Nauti Kitty 05-13-2004 06:44 PM

Originally posted by IceAngel
Show me a couple that doesn't fight and I'll show you a couple that doesn't talk
Show me a couple that doesn't talk and I'll show you a happy couple.

Speaking on Reed's behalf. :) NK

BTW I am a lot happier now that I don't speak to my ex. :)

BonnieOutlaw 05-13-2004 07:06 PM

Okay...here's the skinny on the love/hate/indifference thing.

The opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference. And FWIW...most people substitue being mad for being sad because it's easier.

Hubby comes home late. You had dinner ready and were looking forward to a nice quiet dinner together. Now an hour later it dried out beyond belief and you're actually contemplating sending it to NASA to be inserted into one of the tin foil dinners they get while on the space shuttle. You are mad...but think about it...are you really??? Or are you disappointed? Did you bother to tell him your plan of a quiet dinner or was Romeo supposed to read your mind? You had an expectation that was not met. Instead of being sad, you get mad.

So...my advice is - don't expect people to read your mind and really think about why you're mad. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the time if you were honest with yourself you are not mad at all, you're sad because of an expectation that was not achieved.

BonnieOutlaw 05-13-2004 07:07 PM

And there...you sucked the last bit of compassion out of me....good thing the kids are on their way to bed. ;)

Reed Jensen 05-13-2004 07:17 PM

what is "fwiw".......:confused:

Reed Jensen 05-13-2004 07:18 PM

Originally posted by Bonnie Outlaw
Okay...here's the skinny on the love/hate/indifference thing.

The opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference. And FWIW...most people substitue being mad for being sad because it's easier.

Hubby comes home late. You had dinner ready and were looking forward to a nice quiet dinner together. Now an hour later it dried out beyond belief and you're actually contemplating sending it to NASA to be inserted into one of the tin foil dinners they get while on the space shuttle. You are mad...but think about it...are you really??? Or are you disappointed? Did you bother to tell him your plan of a quiet dinner or was Romeo supposed to read your mind? You had an expectation that was not met. Instead of being sad, you get mad.

So...my advice is - don't expect people to read your mind and really think about why you're mad. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the time if you were honest with yourself you are not mad at all, you're sad because of an expectation that was not achieved.

OMG....* gasp *... a woman that is "introspective"?... unbelievable....:eek: