Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Loto area boat lifts? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78375-loto-area-boat-lifts.html)

Steve_H 05-05-2004 10:15 AM

Loto area boat lifts?

whats everyone using?
im getting prices all over the place :confused:
is PolyLift worth the price. $6100. for a 3 year old lift?
need 10k lbs back-in.

mjpcowboy 05-05-2004 10:19 AM

I have had a PolyLift for two years and have had great luck with it. $6100 seems reasonable for a three year Poly as it would cost over $9K new.

later 05-05-2004 10:51 AM

go to sommerset they always have used lifts as does titan and trico, you might also try dock reality they just sold my neighbors 10,000 hoist (galva lift ) in the $4800 range i have also seen recently in the traders down there a 10,000 and 12,000 advertise. Stay away from the big white square tank lifts also look in the lake sun paper on Saturday. Good luck weathers supposed to be great this coming weekend will you be out on the water, were planning on going down ive got to get my yard racked but i am planning on getting on the water Sat afternoon.

later

mjpcowboy 05-05-2004 11:09 AM

You need to keep in mind that Galva lift while a good lift is quite a bit less than PolyLift to start with. I have two Galva lifts for personal watercraft and I do think there is a little difference in quality between the two. Thanks, Rick

later 05-05-2004 11:43 AM

I have purchased over the years no less than 5 galva lifts 1 6000lbs
1 8000lbs
2 12,000lbs
1 17,000lbs

and 2 pwc hoist from galva lift each time i have priced the hoist through galva lift and poly lift without much difference in price. i have chosen galva lift each time because of the experience i have had with the lifts. My lifts sit out in the ocean at the 6 1/2 mm on the main channel, while I'm not going to say i have never had a problem with my hoist it has never been a structural problem, bushings wearing out in the arms, motors, leaking valve, and hole in hose. If there is a difference in price id have to say its not justifiable. just my .02 cents.

PS i have also seen fiberglass tanks develop deterioration and start leaking so i would stay away from them.

later

Steve_H 05-05-2004 11:50 AM

Later , were heading down friday night and will be on the lake all day saturday. wave if you see us or if your still raking , throw a rock at us :crazy:

mjpcowboy , ive been told PolyLift is definanlty a step up from others. water can get pretty rough around my dock so i need something that wont fall apart.
havent heard much about Galvalift good ot bad........

from what ive been told the best are Polylift and HydroHoist.

mjpcowboy 05-05-2004 11:56 AM

Later,
I agree with your comments however the material Poly uses for their bunks does cost a great deal more than treated wood with carpet. It is also the only lift that has a valid warranty even if left in the down position.
I dont think the above is worth a big difference however I do feel it is worth something additional.
Fiberglass tanks have a greater resale than galva tanks. While they may have some problems most dealers will tell you to go with the glass tanks every time.
You will not go wrong with either PolyLift or Galva Lift but that is not the case for every Mfg. as some are junk.
Just my $.02

johnnybegood 05-05-2004 12:05 PM

If you want the ultimate in lift protection and convineance check out www.aqualogicmarine.com
I have experiance with polylift and galvalift never had problem with either.

Steve_H 05-05-2004 12:12 PM

Originally posted by johnnybegood
If you want the ultimate in lift protection and convineance check out www.aqualogicmarine.com
I have experiance with polylift and galvalift never had problem with either.

OSO discount? :)

KH0302 05-06-2004 08:36 PM

The big difference between galva and polylift is the structural steel thickness. Galvas can bend or break if you're in rough water. Polylift is way beefier.