Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Super chips or Diablo predator??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78494-super-chips-diablo-predator.html)

nauticaL ILLUSIONS 05-06-2004 08:45 PM

Super chips or Diablo predator???

Its for a 2001 Ford with 5.4 liter, 2 wheel drive. Anybody know how much of a difference will it make.

105mph_38_2003 05-06-2004 08:55 PM

Diablo predator

www.dieselperformancecity.com

Neverfastenuf 05-07-2004 09:19 AM

From all the testing we have done, in my 02 anyway, there is not enough of a performance gain to warrant the cost. The 5.4 does not seem to adhere to performance enhancements, at our altitudes anyway. Possibly at lower elevations the enhancements are more noticeable. Sam

Sydwayz 05-07-2004 09:29 AM

I have heard good things about the Predator. Boot, here on OSO is the man to talk too.

boot 05-07-2004 10:32 AM

Neverfastenuf has a point .... I don't see much increase in gas engines . You will get a little bit for a lot of money ... I haven't personaly installed any on gas motors, ( they are so easy everyone does it them self ) . I have sold both and myself and other distributers find much more requests for the diablo on the gassers ! I would assume that means something ......

If I had to pick one , I geuss I would try that one too . Joe

105mph_38_2003 05-07-2004 12:04 PM

I was'nt paying attention and assumed it was a PS:rolleyes:

Dam woman always nagging 'bout something:p

"Watch "Friends" with me, get off Offshore Only for 5 minutes":crazy: :D

And on a gasser I agree that a chip is not worth the money...Give BOOT a call and he will send you in the right direction.

wannabe 05-07-2004 12:48 PM

Ford V8

I don't think the Predator Tuner is available for the Ford 5.4 V8. I know Hypertech makes one.

The Ford gas V8's do not respond as well to the tuning. My suggestion install an after market intake and exhaust system first. If you still want more power than get a tuner. Check the prices on Ebay first.

I installed the Hypertech tuning in my 2000 Yukon XL (5.3liter) and a Volant Airbox. It helped on the upper-end HP and when pulling the trailer. I only have a 3.73 axle, never again. A 4.10 next time.

Wannabe

nauticaL ILLUSIONS 05-07-2004 01:29 PM

Thanks guys, its kinda what I thought but I thought I'd better check just to make sure. Its for a friend of mine. I talked to a guy from diablo about 1 for my 4.6 ford a while ago and he said it might help for towing but no noticable performance anywhere else. Thanks again.

chris

robyw1 05-07-2004 02:03 PM

Chips suck, unless you have many other mods don't expect the chips to gain you any measurable performance gain.

Roby