Notices

KE Power Products

Old 05-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts
Default KE Power Products

Okay, I see a new banner ad for KEPP...

Somebody please help me understand whether this is what is left of the "name" of the old KEPP selling farmed out assemblies (from Sterling, et al) and trademarked accessories

OR

Does this KEPP have ANYTHING to do with the still very much alive and able Mr. Eickert?

If it is the "bones" of the old KEPP, who is running it and who is making the parts and who is assembling the motors? And who is the owner(s)?

Thanks for info.
mc
Old 05-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

jim smith bought the kepp biz, keith got the apartment back and is building motors for hustler. biscut went to cp , leo is bigcats crewchief , i think brett went to cali, not sure about dave and the rest of the crew. bret hartly has the whole scoop. i'm sure he will chime in. they do need to update the web page , showing 02 prices. i don't belive anything had a patent.

Last edited by open87; 05-03-2004 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew that question would be asked. A very nice letter has been written explaining all the questions you are asking.

One quote from the letter "I'm glad to say that Keith is close by-in the same building as the company he founded. Before I took over, arrangements had been made for the engine assembly division to be sold to Global Marine, and Keith is now actively involved there."

The rest will be posted tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Sounding good.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Keith Eickert Power

Dear Valued Customer

Keith Eickert Power Products has always meant top of the line, with quality and dependability you can count on. Nothing has changed where that’s concerned. Our products and service are still the best you can buy.

But something has changed: the former owner, Juliana L. Sullivan has resigned from Keith Eickert Power Products, she no longer is associated nor does she have any interest in the company. Keith Eickert Power Products has a new owner, let me introduce myself, my name is Jim Smith. You’ll be reading more in industry magazines about us, but as one of our most valued customers and associates, I wanted to let you know personally what I bring to the company and share with you my vision for a bright and exciting future.

I have a solid record in management and manufacturing. I understand the complexities of manufacturing from my years at Cummins, one of the country’s top makers of diesel engines for marine and heavy-duty trucks. I’ve owned my own tool and die making company. And I’ve put my skills and knowledge to work, restoring profitability to several manufacturing companies.

As a life long boating enthusiast, I saw in Keith Eickert Power Products a wonderful opportunity to apply what I’ve learned to an industry I love. Behind the Keith Eickert brand are some of the most competent, talented, and dedicated people in the industry, starting with Keith Eickert himself. I’m glad to say that Keith is close by – in the same building as the company he founded. Before I took over, arrangements had been made for the engine assembly division to be sold to Global Marine, and Keith is now actively involved there. But Keith Eickert Power Products continues to manufacture the engine components and accessories, and we still are the major seller of the engines themselves. And Keith, himself, is a valued, and respected associate, who is always willing to answer our questions and share his knowledge with us.

This change will allow us to put more emphasis on new product development and on new markets for existing products, while maintaining the quality that you expect. Keith Eickert Power Products is here to stay. Along with everyone else at Keith Eickert, I’m committed to continuing the proud tradition that has put the Keith Eickert name at the top of the list in our industry.

I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions. I’d like to hear from you, and you’ll be hearing from me again, too.

Sincerely,
Jim
James C. Smith, CEO
Keith Eickert Power Products

Old 05-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

For my entertainment, could somebody give me a time line of who was in charge of the company and why that person changed?
Old 05-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok.. who do we contact if we have a problem with a KP product? I have one of the oil thermostats and I dont believe it works correctly. I could use some help diagnosing the problem..

Thanks
Dick..

You may email me if you choose to..
Old 05-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Registered

We have been working with the new folks at KE and when setting up their user accounts they said they would have a technical guy on line to answer questions. We are still working with them on the growing pains of learning how to use the website. We will try to get them to start by looking at Gadgets question.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

thanks for the letter jim and the certificate, got it in the mail today.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Cord
For my entertainment, could somebody give me a time line of who was in charge of the company and why that person changed?
Well...... I was the attorney for Keith personally for a year during some of the KEPP nightmare (which had nothing to do with Jim Smith I might add). Julie Sullivan 'bought' into the company in 2001 with a small cash infusion and some very big promises of bring KEPP to the next level of marketing and distribution. Over a 2 year period of time the company went from a consistent producer of profit to a very complex bankruptcy case. By the time the bankruptcy was about to take place Keith himself was no longer affiliated with KEPP and it was the sole beast of JS. I would go on but I am getting ready to go to Marathon and race.

I truly hope that Mr. Smith can bring this company back to the level that it ws prior to JS' reign. I know that his acquisition of the assets of KEPP was not cheap and that in conjunction with the level of business experience that this gentleman brings to the table leads me to believe that the New KEPP will be something good. I will offer any support that the new KEPP needs...... as long as "she" is gone..............

Quick Reply: KE Power Products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.