Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What Do You Pay For your boat Insurance ? >

What Do You Pay For your boat Insurance ?

Notices
View Poll Results: What do you pay for insurance ?
$500 to $1000
35.52%
$1000 to $1500
17.76%
$1500 to $2000
13.32%
$2000 to $2500
9.77%
$3000 to $4000
10.66%
$4000 and over
12.97%
Voters: 563. You may not vote on this poll

What Do You Pay For your boat Insurance ?

Old 06-14-2006, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: What Do You Pay For your boat Insurance ?

Originally Posted by Chris
WOW! I can not believe what everyone here is paying for insurance. I pay $325 per year for a 91 Formula 311 with twin 500HP's. The boat is rated at 70 mph, with a deductibe of $1000.00 and a 6 month lay-up period. I do have a home and 2 automobiles on the same policy which helps.
How much do you have it insured for?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAP071
Maybe during the next storm more people will either take the boat with them or secure it better.

I heard at the Miami Boat Show most people who lived in Fla. were walking around with ins checks looking to buy a new boat because theirs was totaled by the ins co.

Someone has to pay for all those new boats
I dont know about people walking around with insurance checks but there were a few marinas dry stack buildings that completely collapsed like Marina One in Boca Raton. Alot of people pulled their boats out of the water and secured them on land but some of these yachts and things, What the hell do you do with them? Cant sail that thing up north, you can drive fast enough to outrun a storm and the big problem is you dont know exactly where its going to go, sometimes you might be safer staying put, other times you might be better off running like hell. All the storms last 2 years the baja went to the Sonic Factory and I paid Mindi Doller to keep it inside, Wilma which was supposed to be nothing more than a tropical storm hit us like a freight train hitting a bird house, Nothing you could have done about it when you listen to every news broadcast and everyone is telling you 70--85 mph winds in my area and then we get slammed with gusts over 135 mph. They F'ed that one up big but they dont have crystal balls so they can just tell you how bad its going to be about 3-6 hrs before it hits you and even then its not 100% accurate. Its a total crap shoot. The other ones that I stored my boat at the Sonic factory nothing happened, the one I leave it outside, I loose the cover, I loose the trailer tongue jack, The boat filled with some water and I had about a week of drying out the cabin and alot of cleaner to keep mold and mildew from growing out of control.
Like I said its a total crap shoot. Damages I suffered were not nearly as bad as the poor people at Marina one, I could not imagine going to my marina and seeing about 30+ boats on top of it in a pile of busted up fiberglass and gasoline!
This year with the apache, IM GONE! Hitch up and ROLL out of here! My apache will NEVER see a hurricane!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Registered

We were one of the last with the company we got.

1300 a yr for a 28' daytona with twin 496's. Guess they had a meeting and decided no new performance boat policies but will honor those ones already insured.

Feel damn lucky compared to the 6k everyone else seemed to want.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Joe
Mark,

What is your coverage/deductible etc...?
Does it include wind, offshore, lay-up etc...?
Joe, It is Mike. No big deal since I have been called worst 4 letter words.

$285,000 worth of coverage on the boat. No trailer. Deductible is $14,000.
I have no lay-up. The boat is on a lift behind my house. If a named storm comes the insurance will not cover my boat on the lift. So I will probably end up getting out of town on the boat. Which should work since the highways will be backed up for hours.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered

2001 warlock 22 sxt cat 300x $500yr. Tile says "runabout bass and ski"
Old 07-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder what would happen if you put a claim in on that bass boat and they went to look at it ? Just being smart just being honest.

That's like calling in a Yenko 427 camaro and saying OH it's just a camaro.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Registered

I wasn't going 2 buy a Cat cause I"ve heard the insurance would be in the $2,000 to $3,000 range but I called my agent and gave him the serial #'s on the hull since I had to have it and he came up with $500 a year so I bought the boat. It wasn't till after I bought the boat I notice the title as saying Bass and Ski. It had to be done that way from the factory and I'm to chicken to take it up with the insurance company. Are cats suposed to say "catamaran" on the title?
Old 07-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAP071
I pay $0 I sold my boat YIPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Me two.

Boy did I enjoy the call to cancel the policy.

Next I will enjoy NOT paying winter storage.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Registered

Try $10k per yr. Under 30...
Old 07-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered

man, not good to misrespresent information to the insurance company. i work in commercial/corporate insurance and if you have a claim, you are technically commiting insurance fraud which is illegal and will most likely be told sorry, and stuck with the bill if you have a claim. i know it sucks to pay more, but as a boater and insurance guy i'd rather pay the additional knowing i am covered in the case of a loss

Quick Reply: What Do You Pay For your boat Insurance ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.