Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   best bravo style reliable drive? teague platinum. xr/its extreme sc, b max? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78887-best-bravo-style-reliable-drive-teague-platinum-xr-its-extreme-sc-b-max.html)

Buddy OO 05-11-2004 09:53 PM

best bravo style reliable drive? teague platinum. xr/its extreme sc, b max?

Putting 800 teagues in our nortech supercat just wanted to get some actual comments on all the drives. xr/ its imco extreme/ teague platinum. b max. looking for best warranty, reliability, servisibility and ability to handle 800's in cat. short of putting 6's on . trying to keep the boat priced to sell and still have reliability without the extra 70k. any help is appreciated. thanks jim

Ron P 05-11-2004 10:16 PM

Why not arnesons?

wwwTOPDJcom 05-11-2004 10:44 PM

Konrad?
someone has to do it :D

dockrocker 05-11-2004 11:12 PM

Originally posted by wwwTOPDJcom
Konrad?
someone has to do it :D

I was just thinking "Biggus in 5...4...3..." :D

RedDog382 05-11-2004 11:28 PM

At 800 H.P., you will probably destroy all of the above. I am upgrading to Max Machine myself, but only 650 H.P. You would be better off to drop the $$$ now and get Arneson's, Konrads, or #6's.

Do a search on Arnerson (someone just converted a Formula 382 with 800 Teagues), Konrad, and Max Machine Worx in the tech column.

Back4More 05-12-2004 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Bmax drives will hold, the others won't.
Pictured is a Bmax gear, XR, and XZ.,,,size matters.

Jassman 05-12-2004 05:43 AM

A transmission in a #3, 5 and 6, goes a long way, especially when the boat has blower motors and there is a considerable amount of weight. Jim do your homework, dont be influenced by what someone says, 800hp and torque is too much for those drives, maybe on a West Coast Cat, it might work for a while, they are lighter, and have a narrow beam. Read the articles and talk to the people that have the actual engines that idle smoothly around the docks, esp. blower motors, make sure they are efi, not carbed, and if you can't get something with a tranny go to Arnessen, these two areas have been proven, have worked with Nortech, and are proven. Good luck to you, call me if interested, Ive located a #5 and #6 for you as well, thanks Jeff:D

Im also reserching Weismann at the moment.

Formula Outlaw 05-12-2004 07:46 AM

From what I've read, heard, and seen, the B-Max would work just fine.

Boomer 880 05-12-2004 08:02 AM

I know Nortech built a 36 cat for a Midwest dealer with Arnesons. They dropped in 750 NA motors and I beleive the package is running very well. Also, the costs were in-line with your other solutions.

I would not try any of the above mentioned drives with 800 hp, as boating is more fun than fixing!

Jassman 05-12-2004 08:06 AM

I also know someone with twin 725's, and have gone through 8 Bmax's, they do stand behind them, but its still hassle to go through the process.