Notices

Best method to trim ?

Old 05-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Best method to trim ?

I have not as of yet been fortunate to have a boat big e'nuff where you need switches. I am working my azz off though to get one!
Old 05-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Re: Best method to trim ?

a 311 is a great planing boat.
You can just leave your tabs up and drives down.

My preference on my 311 is to leave the tabs neutral (like Reed said) and drives full down. As soon as you are on plane, bump the drives up just a little. At 40mph you can go to neutral on the drives. Boat behaves marvelously with tabs at neutral (4 on mine). For WOT you will want to go full up on the tabs and let the boat settle just a touch before going over 5 on the trim, then max speed is usually around 7-8. This assumes your mech indicators are adjusted like most of the ones I've been in (and Mirage props with standard X height). With the tabs at neutral all the time, they don't really hurt your speed or economy, and can give instant response to people walking from side to side in the boat.

Baseline "neutral trim" on a trailer or lift where you can SEE the planes and drives.