Info on washington Nc or New Bern >

Info on washington Nc or New Bern

Notices

Info on washington Nc or New Bern

Old 08-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Info on washington Nc or New Bern

Taking the family down for the races,while Im down there want to look at waterfront property and check out other nearby areas.Looking to get out of NY state in the future.Anybody got some info?thanks
Old 08-03-2004, 05:07 PM
jtmiller02

Default Re: Info on washington Nc or New Bern

MY Parents are moving to the area soon, and I have family thats lived there for years. The farther down the river(closer to the beach) the higher the prices go. Although compared to NY prices/taxes you'll probably feel like you're in heaven. I reccomend checking out the areas south and east of Washington.

Personally I would take specific care to look at history of flooding in areas. Older "established" neighborhoods that have been around for 100+ years are always a good bet, also houses on stilts. Hurricane season gets a bit hairy up that way when you start thinking about brand new homes on property that had never been developed, many found 5+ feet of water on their land in recent years.

Towns such as morehead city beaufort and new bern are all good places to look. All three have many homes that are 100+ years old with lots of history and great investment value. You can spend weeks looking at the area and small towns around there and not get bored. Either way with a new home or older home you can't go wrong with the Carolinas

Old 08-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Registered

PC find me at fountain and we will help you any way possible new bearn has some great places to live and boat robbie rogers
Old 08-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Info on washington Nc or New Bern

Trying to make flight arrangements now,I just had a baby girl 2 weeks ago so flying might be out of the question.Checking with doctor tonight.Driving with a 36 foot baja would kill most of my time to look around so I am leaving boat behind and fly down.Question/ definately dont want the sticks,and Im no sailboater ,so what am I in for?I love Long Island but $11,000 for taxes is just getting out of hand.I own a Plumbing co and basically could go any where.I also got some info from my neighbor who bought in Beaufort south carolina.
Im not 100% committed but my Cell # is 631-774-5311 drop a line and give me your number.Ill let you know If were coming down Beer on me.thanks
Old 08-03-2004, 06:07 PM
jtmiller02

PC check out this map:

Beaufort is a beautiful town, some of the best fishing in the world, gorgeous homes and reasonable prices compared to NY. Call a few local realators and ask for the name of their best agent. They should be able to rattle numbers off the top of their head that will give you 10x the insight we can. Its approx 70 miles from Washington down to Morehead City.

BTW most areas east and north of beaufort get into the "flood zone" which is best to avoid.

Old 08-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Registered

Angry Re: Info on washington Nc or New Bern

Jt I will contact some realtors and hope to plan my escape from Ny.99% sure Im coming to reggieville.I smell cam 2
Old 08-03-2004, 06:16 PM
jtmiller02

Sounds, great...my dad has been working there in morehead city for 2 years. I grew up going to the beach at Atlantic beach and have family in the area. My folks are selling their house here in Myrtle Beach and moving to that area. I'm just hoping I can get him to buy a Concept Donzi or Fountain CC, he said the words Grady White the other day, which is nice but not really my cup of tea. Its definately a cool area though, and the south will suck you in fast making you never want to go back to NY.

Old 08-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Hey Bry...
You gonna be around this weekend and run with us to Claudio's ????
Old 08-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Registered

ok JT who are you? i'm from kinston and growed up at AB, my dad built some of the port at mh . that tall A building on the left ov the high rise bridge. robbie
Old 08-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Info on washington Nc or New Bern

hey wes whats up,I dont know <I was thinking about going to Nc
Are you guys having a group going or what give me a call if you can tomorrow 631-774-5311 hows the boat running?

Quick Reply: Info on washington Nc or New Bern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.