Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you. >

Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.

Notices

Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.

Old 05-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.

Well our first poker run came off pretty gosh darn well. Biggest complaint was that some of the hamburgers were not cooked enough. Congratulations to Kathe and Denny Walker, of the OPBA,for walking off with a cool grand for their winning hand of four "nines". After considerable discussion, Todd Garthwait was voted best poker run boat for his immaculate 42 Cig Revolution "Size Does Matter". It was the detail his boat featured that put him over the top. No it wasn't nearly the fastest boat there, but it was the boat that everyone kept gravitating to. Nine out of ten people agreed to award the prize to Todd. Bill Pyburn, producer of the Jacksonville Firefighters Poker Run traveled the farthest. The other two winners I apologize, I cannot remember the names. After kidney stone surgery Friday morning, I was about out of it by then.

Thank you to all who came down and supported our event. We are going to be able to give a nice chunk of change to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the Sarasota chapter of PAL.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Banned

Default Re: Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.

Had a great time Russ, thanks for all you did to put this on. I didn't realize this was the mayor of Sarasota until Debbie told me later last night.
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-056.jpg  
Old 05-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Banned

I met quite a few Oso members that I had not met IRL.

This is Addiction and Tawana, Johno's wife.
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-055.jpg  
Old 05-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Banned

There was a Hugetime sighting. Addiction and gusman were with him. Hugetime and I put the damage on a bottle of rum last night.
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-017.jpg   Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-040.jpg  
Old 05-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Banned

Johno
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-008.jpg   Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-026.jpg  
Old 05-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Banned

Pace boat through the ICW.
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-015.jpg  
Old 05-16-2004, 02:47 PM
Banned

Running in the ICW.
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-020.jpg   Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-021.jpg   Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-022.jpg  

Old 05-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Banned

First stop at Mar Vista.
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-027.jpg   Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-028.jpg   Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-033.jpg  

Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-034.jpg  
Old 05-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Banned

Heading out into the gulf. We were running straight into the wind, it was a fun ride.
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-048.jpg  
Old 05-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Banned

Ran down the gulf to the Venice inlet, and picked up a card there. We came back out the pass headed north so the waves were with us then. Lot's smoother in that direction. I may have made a bad mistake. I let Debbie run the last leg back to Big Pass. I'll be lucky to ever get the wheel again.
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-049.jpg   Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-051.jpg   Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.-paint-052.jpg  

Last edited by cuda; 05-16-2004 at 02:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Sarasota Offshore Showdown Poker Run - Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.