Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79328-extreme-boats-mag-big-joke.html)

OldSchool 05-20-2004 07:42 AM

Re: Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

Originally Posted by GLH
Come on Craig you have to admit she has great cans so who cares about the boating stuff as long as she gives good sweater.

Absolutely!!! For the record, I liked the article :cool: and have alot of respect for BK and her accomplishments!! Great post T2X :)

The article is what it is... A hot lady driving a HOT boat. It wasn't like they were trying to play her off as a wannabe racer or anything like that.

Ben@SRP 05-20-2004 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by totalmp
No, I edited that, as I didn't want my post to sound offensive, but it bothers me that a person is judged completely inaccurately, by people who have never met them, from only a few pictures. Then, these same people post negatively about this person on a board she doesn't normally read, so she can't defend herself. It seems like a cheap shot. Stuff like this only hurts the sport.
By the way, look for Merritt to break PRA's fastest women record very soon.

Steve

Steve,
Welcome to OSO; The Board of the all knowing and all judging the unknown... Ever read the Racers Milling Area? Yes it is sad... :(

totalmp 05-20-2004 09:23 AM

Batgirl,

Merritt will be out testing today. As for the fastest girl, we welcome the competition, as the boat and Merritt are capable of 165+.

Steve

cigarette1 05-20-2004 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by JASSMAN
Bat Girl, ....
Women should be cheering each other in this Man's sport ...

It IS a man's sport that is open enough for women to participate.

It is what it is.

G

PhantomChaos 05-20-2004 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by totalmp
Just to clarify a few things.

Merrit is very knowledgable about both the boat and the sport. She drives, docks, and can even trailer it, which is more than I can say for many of our guy customers.
She doesn't know how to rig or repair the boat, but she doesn't need to, as she pays us very well to do it.
To date, she has piloted the boat in the high 140's, and is learning fast.
She is genuinely a very good girl, so good, in fact, that she would never look at pictures of any of you and make ridiculous assumptions.
Instead of criticizing her, you girls should be happy that she's participating, tastefully, in the sport. Maybe even try introducing yourselves and offering some tips, as you all are so avid in the sport.

Steve
TMP Racing

Great post!!!!! It's always the girls attacking the girls!!! Pick pick pick.

JM94 05-20-2004 10:25 AM

Merritt,
I still have not read the article, only read the posts from OSO so I won't comment on it but I have to say, you are one feerless woman, 146MPH, was that in an open cockpit??? I only tested with Tres in our SuperCat at Lake X, our top speed is kinda confidential but I can tell you that it is fast. How do you like the turn at high speed?? :drool: :drool: Tres threw me in a turn at lake X at 126MPH, that was the best thrill of my life. I have not heard of you and I don't know you but be carefull and good luck.

Jacky McDaniel
Martin Offshore Inc.

GLH 05-20-2004 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
It's always the girls attacking the girls!!! Pick pick pick.

:D

GLH 05-20-2004 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by JM94
Tres threw me in a turn at lake X at 126MPH, that was the best thrill of my life.

The best? :D:D:D

JM94 05-20-2004 10:32 AM

GLH,
You are one crazy Canadian. :D :D

JM94 05-20-2004 10:34 AM

Let me rephrase, ONE of the BEST!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;)