Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who do you use to insure your big, fast cat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79356-who-do-you-use-insure-your-big-fast-cat.html)

Laveyman 05-18-2004 12:51 PM

Who do you use to insure your big, fast cat?

I'm in the process of upgrading to a 33 Daytona with twin 960 HP engines, and will be needing insurance. I know I'm probably going to cry when I hear how much it's going to cost, but does anyone have a hookup for good insurance, at somewhat of a reasonable price? I know there is already an insurance cost thread, but most of those posts are V's, not cats. What are you guys paying?

IDRPSTF 05-18-2004 01:02 PM

Re: Who do you use to insure your big, fast cat?

Sy Goldburg. Total Dollar ins.
"GOOD LUCK!!!"

GLH 05-18-2004 01:30 PM

33' cat with twin 950's?

Get ready to lose that nice blue shirt on that avatar, i hope that badge doesn't hurt too much thru your skin!

I'd say $1.0 x 10 at the 4 force, it's easier to write insurance quotes that way these days!

44MTI 05-18-2004 09:59 PM

Actually Total Dollar doesn't write cats at all. I have mine with Bob Luellen at world wide, About $8500 a year with a 4 mo lay-up, and $400k hull value. Also have to get binders when I go to the coast. Good luck it is a tough situation, also if run over 120 or they think you run over Markel won't write you.Markel and Ace are the only the only actual companies out there except may be Loyds of London.

BgBoost1 05-18-2004 11:02 PM

Try:
www.bestboatinsurance.com

KAIGLER & COMPANY is their name. They insure my 26 Daytona that goes over 100, for right around 1K a year. Nothing like a 33 with 1800+hp, but they don't flintch at Cats.

Good Luck!

chromecat 05-19-2004 06:18 AM

where are they located ????????

jdnca1 05-19-2004 07:30 AM

Worldwide marine insures my 28 Daytona through Ace. Ace and Markel are the only compaines I know of that Insure "Twin engine" cats. You are probably looking at ~8K/yr if you do it right.

Laveyman 05-19-2004 01:08 PM

HOLY CRAP! Maybe I should re-think this thing. :(

thisistank 05-19-2004 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Laveyman
HOLY CRAP! Maybe I should re-think this thing. :(

Yea, insuring cats is becoming a serious joke unless you have a money tree or money comes out your a**! I know of one guy that has been quoted 25k for a year on a 40 Skater w/pfaff 1400's and a friend of mine who is building a 43 Nortech cat w/new 1075's just decided to do an umbrella policy in the millions. You have to have coin. From what i've heard theres only 3 companies in the world that will insure 120+mph big cats. :rolleyes: :(

aero-offshore 05-19-2004 03:25 PM

I do, it's called pay for it in cash, insure it by using your head and taking the keys with you and don't leave it if you can't trust it there. Then you wouldn't make false claims to justify making those expensive ass renewal premiums!!!Toys should be just that, toys, expendable. If you can't afford to fix it or repair it, you don't need it.If everyone did this then those damn insurance companies would drop the ridiculous rates.

P.S. I was joking, sorry for the rant I just got done making my insurance payment, Buck