Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   26ft Force Offshore Cat Open Bow (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79438-26ft-force-offshore-cat-open-bow.html)

05-19-2004 01:37 PM

26ft Force Offshore Cat Open Bow

I am considering purchasing a 26ft Force Offshore Cat with Open Bow. Anyone out their own one or know about these Cats? I would like to know the real info not what the dealer is telling me. I am open for other info on Cats but it has to be a "Open Bow". I have never owned a Cat only V-bottoms. Only going to use it as a lake boat.

email: [email protected]

Cord 05-19-2004 03:09 PM

Re: 26ft Force Offshore Cat Open Bow

The American Offshore was a modified splash of the Talon. My boat is a modified splash of the AO. The Talon was also splashed into a half dozen other boats. Really unfortinate because it forced Robert Wilkens out of the cat business. Anyways, these boats will make a excellent lake boat. It will handle 2' water with ease. The boat will run 100 with roughly 750hp. A hp500 will get you into the mid 80's. A open bow will put a lot of weight up front. This will force you to use more trim so the boat will be slower than a comparable closed bow. The nice thing about this boat type is that it will turn flat. Some people won't like this, but it'll be a lot better than a full tunnel boat. Overall this would make a excellent first cat. Just be sure you get some insurance quotes before you sign. Many people pay $3k a year for insurance.

Cord 05-19-2004 03:10 PM

Now that I read your post, I see that you were talking about the "Force" boat. Sorry, but I wasn't referring to that boat. My bad. Isn't the Force a 28'? I remember seeing some reviews of them and though their speed numbers were a little low for the listed hp.

Sick Nordic 05-19-2004 04:35 PM

My Nordic Dealer is also a Force Offshore Dealer for the east coast. I have seen quite a few delivered and run on the water. The fit, finish and workmanship are top notch. The gel coat work is first class. The boats are fast and handle quite well. No porpoising what so ever and they get on plane quickly. They seem to be well priced for the amount of extras that are included as standard equipment. Everyone I have spoken to that owns one is extremely happy with the product. There have been several outstanding reviews and test evaluations in HOT BOAT, POWERBOAT and FAMILY and PERFORMANCE BOATING MAGAZINES check some recent back issues.

BlownBajaOnHavasu 05-20-2004 08:25 AM

i've looked at both force and cobra 26' open bow. they are both made here in so. cal. both very nice boats. force's price went up quite a bit last year. i think you could work a better deal on price and production lead time with cobra. most people looking at force buy the 28' instead of the 26. to get a 28' force in the mold has a long wait.

cigarette1 05-20-2004 09:19 AM

The dilution of OSO :(