Are OSO Old Timers Leaving? >

Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

Notices

Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

Old 05-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

I maintain my friendship and commuinication with Uncle Toys. he has not been arouns as much for many reasons stated above. As is always the case, when you have alot more people involved, you get many more varying opinions. As such, differences arise that some people handle well and others do not. This has resulted in some members becoming disenchanted with the board. It is truly unfortunate, but certainly the "fault" of no one. It is merely a function of the evolution of OSO.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Registered

I see Wally alot on another forum, so he is alive and well
Old 05-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Registered

test
Old 05-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Registered

i am still here...AND i don't mind the controversy either ....i have learned that sometimes you just can't win in here...but, i am always watching...i have really met some good people (in person) over the years though my affiliation with OSO...i look forward to seeing the people i know in the pits this year and welcome the ones that have not had the chance to hang out with us yet.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Registered

I know quite a few that have left based on the membership fee alone. Nobody I know has found another message board that charges a fee. Therefore, people will tend to look elsewhere. This site is still the biggest, best and has the most knowledge. I only pay the fee because I feel that the knowledge and friendship that this site has provided me is worth the tiny bit of money that I have to pay. I have tried to convey this to others but the point often falls on deaf ears. Oh well, sh^t happens!
Old 05-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

I'm still around.................

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally Posted by audacity
test
Hey Joe .... the thread that started talking to GPS speeds had your name written all over it

Hope all's well

Gary
Old 05-20-2004, 09:37 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Wes Smith
Steve !!!
Thanks for noticing !
No gripes or issues other than I'm working my ass off - need extra money ( $3+ / gallon who knows ?? ) to feed those two hungry motors I have now !!
We need to get you and Diane down to the Island this year and spend the day on the boat with all of us.
We have a new house in Westhampton that you're always welcome at.
- - Wes
Wes has to be around he owns a resin bucket and has to feed it. Besides when I met him he didn't give me the impression of anyone that gets bent out of shape for anything or anyone. A philosophy I try to adhere too also.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:38 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by audacity
test
LOL
Old 05-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Milord
I know quite a few that have left based on the membership fee alone. Nobody I know has found another message board that charges a fee. Therefore, people will tend to look elsewhere. This site is still the biggest, best and has the most knowledge. I only pay the fee because I feel that the knowledge and friendship that this site has provided me is worth the tiny bit of money that I have to pay. I have tried to convey this to others but the point often falls on deaf ears. Oh well, sh^t happens!
I agree, the information here is well worth the price of the top membership, but I can't see the annual fee driving people away. I mean for the pics alone it is worth the money. I don't know what is driving them away. Perhaps OSO should offer these distinguished members a 30-day trial subscription w/ full permissions and see if they want to come back?

Roby

Quick Reply: Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.