Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!! >

OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!

Notices

OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!

Old 05-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!

He probably won't like me posting this, but I'm going to do it anyway. And OSO, please don't move or delete this thread.

Tim and his wife Dee live on the Milwaukee river, and it is now threatening to overtake their house. It is supposed to crest at least a foot higher than it is now Tuesday or Wed. This will put their home in the river. If anyone in the area feels up to it they could use some help sandbagging on Monday. If I lived closer I would be there in a heartbeat. They have put a LOT of time, sweat, and love into this home. It was a trashed mess when they bought it, it would be a shame to loose it to the river.

They are quite busy at the moment as you can imagine. If you feel you can help in anyway, get in contact with me and I'll work things out.

Mike Ozinga
616-540-1224
[email protected]
Old 05-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!

Man that sucks. I Hope that predictions are wrong and that they get through it ok.

Jon
Old 05-23-2004, 11:10 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

**** hat sucks. If i was closer i'd gladly come and help out. Good luck and lets all hope the river crests prematurely.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:25 PM
ByondReason

Waterfoul - where exactly do Tim and Dee live? Actually, area or town is what I need. Although we live too far away, we have a number of family and friends up north. Please post - we will do what we can.

Old 05-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

They live just north of Miklwaukee, in Mequon WI.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:50 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Thanks Mike. I really appreciate the effort. Come tomorrow, I'll get a couple of pics posted of our mess. We have this loto trip coming up so I spent the day wrenching on the boat, not realizing that the water was racing up. It rose about two feet today. Most of that was over a 3-4 hour period due to a severe thunder storm that dumped an inch of water in 20 minutes. When I came home, I called everybody that I knew and told them to come over right now! There was some grumbling about having to fill sand bags at 10:00, but they did it. By around 2am we had the sandbags in place. Then it came to setting the pumps up. Problem was that we had the pumps and the hose, but no fittings! Naturally, the hose won't fit over the pipe thread either. It took some head scratching and some jury rigging but we were able to get some them up and running. Some of this stuff is pretty impressive. Things got really tense when a pedistal pump kicked off and nobody saw it. In 10 minutes the pump was submurged. We got it running, but it blew the breaker a minute later. At that point I thought the house was lost. With some more creative jury rigging we were able to get another submersible pump running. It took about 2 hours to pump out the crawl space. It filled up that quickly. I now have the pedisal working, hoping that the motor will last through tomorrow. Right now, it's 4:30 in the morning. Deanna just came back from a friends house with a 3" gas powered trash pump. That pump alone should help keep our heads above water. Tomorrow will be another day of filling sand bags and stacking them. The sand is sopping wet and these things weigh close to 80 lbs. I truly can't believe that I'm even able to move.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:05 AM
Registered

Good luck Cord!!
Old 05-24-2004, 07:06 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

See now THAT is dedication!!!!! Guys house is in trouble but he STILL finds time for the board Good luck Tim and TRY and find time to get some sleep.

Jon
Old 05-24-2004, 07:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck, Cord. I wish there was something I could do.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:34 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Good Luck Cord and Mrs. Cord hope all is well....

Quick Reply: OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.