Notices
View Poll Results: Okay now what should I have done with him?
Backed over him?
4.72%
Pushed him overboard before returning to the marina?
0%
Left his ass at home and brought another female instead?
49.06%
Pretended the boat's throttle was stuck wide-open while pulling him on the tube?
2.83%
Started the boat in gear as he was climbing up the swim ladder?
0%
All of the above?
25.47%
Just let it go because he didn't know?
17.92%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Bad marina etiquette

Old 05-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Bad marina etiquette

My trailer is aluminum too, but haven't had that problem. I know my yacht isn't as heavy as cuda's but.......
Maybe the ramp angle has something to do with it.

I only back down into the water till the front edge of the bunks are completely under, then go a litte further. I can stand on the trailer tongue without getting wet, attach the winch cable, winch it on till the ring is just below the bow stop and hook on the safety chain. Depending on how deep the trailer is, sometimes it floats on while other times it takes a little more effort.
I do not power it onto the trailer. We've tried that. Didn't have any trouble but we decided it's just not necessary.

One other observation.....How many times have you pull the boat out only to find it's leaning a little to port or a little to starboard?
Next time it happens, look to see what side of the boat your cooler is on. Maybe it doesn't effect the bigger boats with twin engines and such, but on my 21' it makes a big difference. I try to keep it in the center (from side to side) to balance it before pulling it out.

Last edited by Iggy; 05-26-2004 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've trained the old lady on how to run the boat, and when we have guests they are instructed to stay in the boat. I back the trailer down, she drives on, winch her tight and we're gone! Pull off to the side and unload. Then you don't have to worry about anything like that.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vern
I back the trailer down, she drives on, winch her tight and we're gone! Pull off to the side and unload. Then you don't have to worry about anything like that.
It's winched up tight when it's in the water, but when you pull it out, there is slack, usually just a couple inches, but it tows like crap if it isn't tight to the bow stop. I think it's due to the angle it's put on. The last couple times we didn't back the trailer in as far and it's worked much better. Before, I had to slide the winch stand back after getting it out of the water.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Registered

Actually Cuda I was talking about problems with a guest!! But rereading my post it does sound like I was talking about your problem. I have no clue what's causing your problem, maybe it is the angle like you said.

Vern
Old 05-26-2004, 03:04 PM
Registered

Angry Re: Bad marina etiquette

Originally Posted by Danny_Ocean
You're right...If I had only a Formula, I wouldn't take my buddies out, either...

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA
Maybe someone needs to start a thread on BAD FORUM ETIQUETTE!!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 03:32 PM

I agree with Iggy. Everything could have been resolved if he would not have opened with a smart azz coment. At no time should you be embaresed with your own boat or the company you keep. Unacceptable. I wonder what other comments would come out on a poker run?
Old 05-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Danny_Ocean

Originally Posted by magnum27
Maybe someone needs to start a thread on BAD FORUM ETIQUETTE!!!!
Oh, please. Everyone here gives everyone else a little ribbing now and then. But now when I do it, I'm the bad guy?

Relax, John-Boy.

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Old 05-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Danny_Ocean
Oh, please. Everyone here gives everyone else a little ribbing now and then. But now when I do it, I'm the bad guy?

Relax, John-Boy.

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA
There's no ribbing on here!!! You ARE the bad guy!!! You FL people suck!!! You non-Formula owners suck!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Danny_Ocean

Actually, I'm a Californian (La Jolla) living in FLA. And I agree with you about the non-Formula owners. As soon as I turn 65 and start dying my hair jet-black, I too will buy a Formula.

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Old 05-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't see what you guys are getting your panties uptight about. You should come to Indiana. Why just last week the wife decided to put on her new see thru skimpy bikini while we were in line to launch. No sooner do I get to the front and a lane opens up, the wife decides it's too hard to change in the truck. So she jumps out, strips buck naked, fumbles with the g-string bottom getting it straighened out, then the same with the top. You know those things are nothing but strings that get all twisted up while not worn. Naturally, for some reason she has to stand in front of the truck facing the ramp while changing (in broad view of everyone I might add), so I can not proceed to launch. And NOT ONE TIME did I hear any guys honking or yelling at me to move my truck so they could launch. I guess us Hoosiers are just a little more relaxed.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 05-26-2004 at 07:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Bad marina etiquette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.