Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Notices

Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Old 05-28-2004, 08:13 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

I bought some last month (used the OSO discount)and tried it on my truck and boat.It is excellent!
Old 05-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Default Re: Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

I used it on 2 cars. Easy to use, but didn't last very long, or shine any better than what I usually use. I used the shark tower metal polish, and it is excellent! I will definately be buying more shark tower.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Registered

I also bought the wax.....and after using it on the boat and on my car....I have to say that I am not impressed....it does go on easy and is also easy to take off...but I dont think it lasts as long as Meguiars...or shines as good....so I will be going back to using Meguiars....sorry....I gave it a shot though......
Old 05-29-2004, 09:02 AM
JnT
Registered

Which Meguires do you use?I usually do the cars with the Gold Class and will probably go back to it.I'm going to continue with the Waxing Frenzy on the boat though.I waxed the boat in the sun and had no problems with removing it or streaking.It took the black streaks that appear between washings off with no effort.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Registered

Waxing Frenzy! is a breakthrough in wax technology. It is not like any wax on the market. It has a 3-part system... #1 grade of carnauba, silicone, and the most advanced polymers on the market.

Carnauba wax will not stay on a finish more than 2 weeks. Our wax has carnauba, which causes beading on finishes. Once the wax disipates, which all carnauba waxes will, the polymers take over. Polymers have a sheeting action, not a beading action. Once the carnauba is gone, your protection is still there; it's the polymers doing their job.

Waxing Frenzy! has the highest UV protection on the market; nothing comes close. We have tested on finishes for over a year and have had no fading effects after only 1 coat of Waxing Frenzy!

We are assuming that you are judging the longevity of protection by the "beading". This would be a good indicator for other waxes; not ours.

Race boats in SBI and APBA have used our wax once in 7 months and the boats still shine and windshields still repel water.

It is important to remember that this is a wax unlike ANY OTHER. It's use and protection are unparalleled and unique; protects up to 1210 degrees, can be applied in direct sunlight without streaking, can be applied to surfaces exceeding 120 degrees, zero drag, 1 coat application, etc. These are all ground-breaking factors in wax.

We have customers with boats exceeding $2 million who will not use anything else. It all comes down to performance and educating yourself about the product and finishes.

This is not your father's wax!
Old 05-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Registered

Which race boats used it?

A little chemistry question. If there are 3 components and 1 of them is a polymer "with sheeting action" wouldn't the blended carnauba and silicon leave small openings in the "sheet"? Doesn't stand to reason. A polymer based polish or wax must, by default, create a solid layer or barrier. The blending of the 3 products would only hinder this action.

I have also read where silicon based products will absolutely destroy a paint job over time and cause a body shop to have to strip the boat or truck to raw metal or glass in order to repaint. Thi is because with the silicon the new paint won't adhere correctly. I have heard this for years from many body and paint guys.

I also tried Frenzy and wasn't impressed. I have been using Biokleen's Polish & Sealant and MaGuires Gold for a long time. I think I'll stick with them. The Frenzy shine only lasted about 2 weeks. Beading or not the shine had dulled within 2 weeks. From what I have read here from other testers of Frenzy, Frenzy seems to be yet another "me too" wax that is EXACTLY like a lot of other "me too" waxes on the market. Sorry I didn't have anything good to say. I am disappointed.

Last edited by Zyzzyx2123; 05-29-2004 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Registered

Never tried yet. Have used Meguires for 20yrs. Zymoil (?) is good for the car and Hog.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zyzzyx2123
Which race boats used it?

A little chemistry question. If there are 3 components and 1 of them is a polymer "with sheeting action" wouldn't the blended carnauba and silicon leave small openings in the "sheet"? Doesn't stand to reason. A polymer based polish or wax must, by default, create a solid layer or barrier. The blending of the 3 products would only hinder this action.

I have also read where silicon based products will absolutely destroy a paint job over time and cause a body shop to have to strip the boat or truck to raw metal or glass in order to repaint. Thi is because with the silicon the new paint won't adhere correctly. I have heard this for years from many body and paint guys.

I also tried Frenzy and wasn't impressed. I have been using Biokleen's Polish & Sealant and MaGuires Gold for a long time. I think I'll stick with them. The Frenzy shine only lasted about 2 weeks. Beading or not the shine had dulled within 2 weeks. From what I have read here from other testers of Frenzy, Frenzy seems to be yet another "me too" wax that is EXACTLY like a lot of other "me too" waxes on the market. Sorry I didn't have anything good to say. I am disappointed.
...Yep....and on top of that I have noticed that I have water spots....I never had water spots on my other boat...but after using the frenzy and going out one day last week...I came back to water spots on the deck which are pretty stubborn to remove....I had to get the buffer out to remove some of them....I never had this problem when I used the meguiars....I use meguiars number 26...
Old 05-30-2004, 07:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which race boat use`s it ?????????

I use Wax Frenzy on Rio Rose`s V-71 and I`m very happy with ALL of there Products.

Rob and Kim are Great people to work with and are very helpful.

Mike Merola

Crew Rio Rose`s v-71
Old 05-30-2004, 08:00 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here`s the Boat
Attached Thumbnails Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks-kilo2_04.jpg  

Quick Reply: Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.