Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   It's Finally Home (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80181-its-finally-home.html)

GregP 05-29-2004 03:57 PM

It's Finally Home

The boat finally arrived at 10:00pm last night after the worlds longest tow (7 days from Florida. Mitch will have to write a movie about this trip). Since I bought it the boat was at Doller getting some 'glass touch-ups and the console re-vamped. The new console turned out great. I have the bolster setting in my dining room, should start installing it tomorrw. I ran a check on all the systems today (had to call the prior owner to find the "hidden" switch that contols all the acc. systems), and gave the motors a quick fire to make sure all was well. Hopefully next week I can play musical boats and get the Formula off the lift and take the Scorpion our for her maden run on the Chesapeake. Can't wait.

-Greg

GregP 05-29-2004 04:02 PM

Re: It's Finally Home

1 Attachment(s)
Scorpion at Doller (can't get a pic of it at the local marina, it's sandwiched in between 4 sail boats <LOL>).

GregP 05-29-2004 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Old Panel

GregP 05-29-2004 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New panel with tilt helm and Livorsi controls

GregP 05-29-2004 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New Bolster

GregP 05-29-2004 06:35 PM

Forgot to say thanks to Mindi for shuffling things to get all the work done in time to catch the truck going North, and Rick (Rchevelle71) for doing the re-con for me to get the purchase going.

-Greg

Downtown42 05-29-2004 07:19 PM

Looks great!

JGB 05-29-2004 08:11 PM

Greg, looking good my man! Fill us in on the performance with the twin yams after you get some run time in it. Do you think a grab handle in front of the passenger bolster would be a good idea or do you plan on doing something elese with that area??

Best of luck and time with it Greg. :)

Jim

GregP 05-30-2004 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim,

I'm thinking of putting the sterio and VHF on the right console face and getting rid of the ovehead electronics box. It also has (had before yesterday) a Loran in it and the control for the spotlight (which I think also will go away to clean up the looks overhead).

A passenger grab handle on the angled face might be a good idea, I'll have to see how it would position once I get the new bolster in place.

-Greg

Downtown42 05-30-2004 03:14 PM

From the front the box is obstructive some. I like the look from the stern of overhead electronics. Like a sport fish with tower has upper elec. Peterbilt KW trucks have a nice look with overhead electronics. Just me tinkin.
I always have liked CC boats. Fever Mike had a beauty. OOOOps he's no longer with us!!