Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fu*%ing Theives (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80203-fu%2A%25ing-theives.html)

Andy0331 05-30-2004 01:52 PM

Re: Fu*%ing Theives

Originally Posted by Troutly
Someone explain the reasonable justification for shooting someone for stealing personal property...

Reasonable assurance that the individual will never attempt to steal from you again.

The meek may inherit the earth, but the strong will steal it away from them.

I say this all somewhat lightheartedly, but truthfully, if someone decides to pursue a life of crime, they should realize that "rehabilitation" may come in the form of a wheelchair, not college courses in prison.

Andy

Andy Buzz 05-30-2004 01:54 PM

Seems that Memorial Day weekend is a higher than normal theft day. Last night marks the third year in a row that on Memorial Day weekend my retail car and home theater store has gotten broken into. I attribute the fact that the thieves, if they have a job, are off Monday and have more time to kill. It may also be that the thieves assume that on a long holiday weekend more people are out of town and not watching their property.

My 12,000 sq. ft. showroom is on a major business road in Tampa with over 100,000 passing cars per day. At 2:30am, they bring a stolen SUV and a truck and a team to steal until the police arrives. Two of the three years years, a high speed chase has ensued. Last night was a chase with four thieves throwing my merchandise out of the open rear door of the SUV at the police car during a high speed chase that ended in a crash.

The police did apprehend one burglar with a long rap sheet and they say he is singing like a canary hoping for lesser charges. I have 16 digital cameras, six outdoor sirens, three piercing indoor sirens, and every trick security sensor available. Now I will have to install roll up grill doors in front of the glass and turn my retail store into a fortress to stop the madness.

Thieves threw over forty subwoofers and three large sub enclosures one at a time out the back door. Only one subwoofer was recovered. It was Christmas in May for cars passed by the Police as everyone stopped to gain what was dumped. All I can say is have the best locks on your trailer, block you trailer with a car if possible, purchase gps based recovery device for your boat, and find safe storage facility.

Life seems to be too short to have to lock down everything but society seems to have too many takers out for quick gain.

Andy Buzz
Buzz-Off Alarms
Maximum Audio

PatriYacht 05-30-2004 02:12 PM

In England it is pretty much against the law to defend yourself even if you are being threatened. Don't let that happen in the U.S.

Dave F 05-30-2004 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
In England it is pretty much against the law to defend yourself even if you are being threatened. Don't let that happen in the U.S.

I second that!!! I'm all for being able to defend by any/all means necessary.

Reed Jensen 05-30-2004 02:34 PM

The sad reality is this.... if you shoot an intruder... even if he is threatening you with physical harm... you will probably later wish that you had just given him the property that he was after... Most likely whether the intruder lives or dies after being shot.. you will face a law suit from grieving relatives... or a criminal suit for using undue force. Either way... you are going to lose.
Case in Point... does anyone remember the North Hollywood shoot out a few years ago... where the two guys went into a bank wearing body armor?... Well ... one committed suicide after being struck by bullets that went through the armor.. the second one gave up after being shot in the groin and feet. ( unprotected area).. Well .. the mother of the second scum sucker filed suit against the City Of LA because her precious little boy was allowed to bleed to death from the groin wound... ( the police thought he might have a bomb on his person ) so they wouldn't allow emergency medics to touch him. I don't know if the city settled out of court... but can you imagine??... These a$$holes blasted out an entire neighborhood and wounded scores of people.. Callous acts of cowardice... shooting anything that moved... but His Mother sues.... bastards........ :hothead:

mobilecal 05-30-2004 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Andy Buzz
Seems that Memorial Day weekend is a higher than normal theft day. Last night marks the third year in a row that on Memorial Day weekend my retail car and home theater store has gotten broken into. I attribute the fact that the thieves, if they have a job, are off Monday and have more time to kill. It may also be that the thieves assume that on a long holiday weekend more people are out of town and not watching their property.

My 12,000 sq. ft. showroom is on a major business road in Tampa with over 100,000 passing cars per day. At 2:30am, they bring a stolen SUV and a truck and a team to steal until the police arrives. Two of the three years years, a high speed chase has ensued. Last night was a chase with four thieves throwing my merchandise out of the open rear door of the SUV at the police car during a high speed chase that ended in a crash.

The police did apprehend one burglar with a long rap sheet and they say he is singing like a canary hoping for lesser charges. I have 16 digital cameras, six outdoor sirens, three piercing indoor sirens, and every trick security sensor available. Now I will have to install roll up grill doors in front of the glass and turn my retail store into a fortress to stop the madness.

Thieves threw over forty subwoofers and three large sub enclosures one at a time out the back door. Only one subwoofer was recovered. It was Christmas in May for cars passed by the Police as everyone stopped to gain what was dumped. All I can say is have the best locks on your trailer, block you trailer with a car if possible, purchase gps based recovery device for your boat, and find safe storage facility.

Life seems to be too short to have to lock down everything but society seems to have too many takers out for quick gain.

Andy Buzz
Buzz-Off Alarms
Maximum Audio

I do believe I would be waiting on them next year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve 1 05-30-2004 02:50 PM

What does the law in Texas have to say about thieves??

Downtown42 05-30-2004 02:53 PM

Reed, yep I've heard about that also. Like all emergency vehicles should rush over and help the guy after 20 others are lying around wounded, that they blasted.

Downtown42 05-30-2004 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by mobilecal
I do believe I would be waiting on them next year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is a good idea. "Owner of business working late kills intruders that threatened poor business man." You think the word MAY get out on the street when that hits the news???

CAP071 05-30-2004 03:20 PM

Oh I knew this was going to open a can of worms.

The state of NJ is saying why would a man walk out of his (safe house) out to his yard and shoot and kill a person with NO weapon. Who was ( maybe) ( probably) stealing his ATV. Where was this guy's life threatened? where was he ever in danger or fear ?Hmmmmmm Makes me wonder.

what if I'm walking up to the same exact truck as mine. since Dodge makes 10,000 + rams same color. Now some guy sees me trying to get in and shoots me because he ( Thought) I was going to steal his truck.

Sorry, But this guy in Nj had no right or reason to leave his house and blow this guys head off for stealing a ATV. if He gets away with it 100% that means now, we can blow a kids head off for stealing a lawn mower. Can you imagine if cops thought like this guy? They would be shooting ever person they pulled over " Oh I thought he was going to do something so I shot him anyway" Nah sorry but this guy was wrong.