Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Please Read This For Memorial Day >

Please Read This For Memorial Day

Notices

Please Read This For Memorial Day

Old 05-30-2004, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please Read This For Memorial Day

I am a former veteran and have enclosed this thread early for those of you coming in this evening and getting ready for tomorrow. While you are out tomorrow please remember those

1. that have lost their lives defending your country

2. that are without families this weekend while you are out getting sun

3. that are without their daddy or momma this weekend

4. that are making the United States of America a better place to live

5. that took a decrease in pay to serve their country while the family suffers at home

6. that enjoy the fact that for those of you that did not serve, you yet get to enjoy the freedom

7 that also have boats locked up somewhere and are not able to use them due to fact that where they are there is no water.

Just remember to drink a damn beer for them tomorrow and to think of them as they will be thinking of you tomorrow also.

Have a great day and be very safe. No need for lost lives for no cause.

FREEDOM

UNITED STATES of AMERICA
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2004, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Please Read This For Memorial Day

ttt
Old 05-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Amen
Old 05-30-2004, 06:34 PM
Registered

me too
Old 05-30-2004, 09:07 PM
BK
Registered

I'd like to add a few more:

Say a special blessing for:

8. Those men who had their first child born while they served our country in a completely foreign land. And who came home years later to a confused toddler who had to learn who "Daddy" is.

9. Those soldiers who were still just kids when sent to front lines to witness things they previously only thought existed in movies.

10. Those retired soldiers who still are unable to sit through fireworks shows because they sound too much like the horrific war zone they want desperately to forget.

11. Especially to the extra-compassionate soldiers, who struggled for the rest of their lives attempting to make peace with themselves for taking another human life, even though we ALL knew and appreciated the huge sacrifice they made, and frequently honored and praised them as our valiant hero's and saviors of America's freedom.

To those brave and courageous men and women, especially those who saw their closest comrades fall to the cold ground beside them - and they could do nothing - I say an extra special prayer they don't needlessly live with any guilt, and that God erases all of war's ugliness from their memories.

I love you dad, and I miss you so much - more than you'll ever know:
http://www.koch-athene.de/6th/langensalza/oak.htm

Last edited by BK; 05-30-2004 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Registered

Yesterday I spoke a vet at Wal-Mart that was sell the flower (bloomers?). I thanked him for his service and thank all the men and women who have previously served, are serving now, and will serve in the future. We owe you all EVERYTHING!
Old 05-31-2004, 08:45 AM

Ttt
Old 05-31-2004, 09:19 AM

Ttt
Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2004, 10:02 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Remember, we're not the bad guys

I am a friend of a young soldier who recently served in Afghanistan and Iraq, lost a buddy, and has returned disillusioned. Under the barrage of the smothering, instantaneous news coverage and inflammatory dialogue that pervades our atmosphere daily, it is difficult for him, and all of us, to remember the reason he was sent and the value of his contribution. He needs to know that America is deeper than CNN News and partisan politics.

Citizens are free to protest - in France, in Belgium, Italy, Spain, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovakia, Poland, Japan, Germany, South Korea and Iraq. Those citizens owe their freedom to America's military might and the aid of our allies du jour. Without the sacrifice of Americans, our money and our lives, Europe would today be under a Hitlerian dictatorship. The Far East, including China, would be ruled by the empire of Japan. Without the pressure and resolve of America during the Cold War, Russia would still be the oppressive USSR. Without America and her friends, Yugoslav and Iraqi people would still be under the murderous thumb of evil tyrants.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajabob38
Remember, we're not the bad guys

I am a friend of a young soldier who recently served in Afghanistan and Iraq, lost a buddy, and has returned disillusioned. Under the barrage of the smothering, instantaneous news coverage and inflammatory dialogue that pervades our atmosphere daily, it is difficult for him, and all of us, to remember the reason he was sent and the value of his contribution. He needs to know that America is deeper than CNN News and partisan politics.

Citizens are free to protest - in France, in Belgium, Italy, Spain, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovakia, Poland, Japan, Germany, South Korea and Iraq. Those citizens owe their freedom to America's military might and the aid of our allies du jour. Without the sacrifice of Americans, our money and our lives, Europe would today be under a Hitlerian dictatorship. The Far East, including China, would be ruled by the empire of Japan. Without the pressure and resolve of America during the Cold War, Russia would still be the oppressive USSR. Without America and her friends, Yugoslav and Iraqi people would still be under the murderous thumb of evil tyrants.
Extremely well said Bob!

Quick Reply: Please Read This For Memorial Day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.