Old 08-16-2004, 02:03 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: 28 Skater Repower--- 2.5 race to 300x's

Originally Posted by yahoo
How are they doing now ? I looked at the verado
but they dont offer the 20 inch in counter rotating.

Funny the verados are cheaper than the 300's

Curtis
We've had a lot of bad weather (wind, rain, etc)....and, unfortunately, had some personal issues (Loss of Doug Lewis, etc)...but the motors now have about 14 hours apiece on them....and top speed is 120 and a fraction so far @ 6700 RPM. We have tried only one set of props so we are looking to post a higher number between now and early October. The engines have settled in nicely and continue to amaze in the midrange.....and low trim conditions (She'll do 107 with the motors hard against the transom, the 2.5's would not break 100 at this setting). Engine idling is improving and I am enjoying these motors more with each outing.

It is handy to have other identical boats to compare to. Mine likes rough water more and is faster into the wind because of a more forward C.G. which is noticeable even at rest as they float side by side. Interestingly enough, even set up as she is, acceleration and top end is virtually identical to the more aft balanced hull.

I STRONGLY recommend these motors......... at least until the Verado's are available in a performance configuration.

T2x
Old 08-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YO R.L./T2x...Now I know why you haven't been stirrin' things up on the net...You been messin' with your "new" toyz...Good for you...Sounds like a nice ride...BTW...Where are the motors mounted (center-to-center) in relationship to the inner edge of the sponsons???...Is the nose-cone "splitting" that edge???...OR???...V-TOY wants to know...
Old 08-16-2004, 03:09 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by velocitoy
YO R.L./T2x...Now I know why you haven't been stirrin' things up on the net...You been messin' with your "new" toyz...Good for you...Sounds like a nice ride...BTW...Where are the motors mounted (center-to-center) in relationship to the inner edge of the sponsons???...Is the nose-cone "splitting" that edge???...OR???...V-TOY wants to know...
Yeah...and so do a lot of people

However nose cones are not "splitting the edge"......They are mounted as close as possible without tunnel interference....The height, however, shall remain classified

T2x
Old 08-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: 28 Skater Repower--- 2.5 race to 300x's

i cant wait to try my new 28 out with 300xs i shortend the shafts to 15 inch and had skater cut down the transom should be testing this fall in florida glad to hjear how happy youare with the switch shoul be interestsing with the 15 inch mids will keep you posted jim
Old 08-23-2004, 04:20 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
i cant wait to try my new 28 out with 300xs i shortend the shafts to 15 inch and had skater cut down the transom should be testing this fall in florida glad to hjear how happy youare with the switch shoul be interestsing with the 15 inch mids will keep you posted jim
I'm REALLY curious about how that works for you......... The 20 inch engines have more weight...... and Leverage...than the 15" 2.5's ....a shorter mid should eliminate the leverage issue...while the absence of a jack plate should make the weights about equal between the 2.5's and the 300x's.

We were out yesterday on Great South Bay along with every wake throwing jacka** and ferry boat in captivity it seems...... The boat ran great and cruised along at about 75-80......

Still lovin' it.

T2x
Old 08-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Registered

hey rich...i saw ya out there yesterday..i was at the riverview.. we saw ya put in like you were gonna come join us..got all excited...then ya turned around and left..oh well..there were two other 28 skaters there..how about those boat wakes..jeeez..i got my butt handed to me making the trek from island park..lol..i NEED a skater..well i need a ride in a real one to see if i rreally need one....that 24 i rode in rode real nice but wasnt runnin right..that deal fell through..how do they run at cruising speed in snotty boat wake laden waters like we had here sunday..cause that is what i usually have to deal with and want a better ride through that stuff..later ..
Old 08-24-2004, 08:52 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GEORGE YURICK
hey rich...i saw ya out there yesterday..i was at the riverview.. we saw ya put in like you were gonna come join us..got all excited...then ya turned around and left..oh well..there were two other 28 skaters there..how about those boat wakes..jeeez..i got my butt handed to me making the trek from island park..lol..i NEED a skater..well i need a ride in a real one to see if i rreally need one....that 24 i rode in rode real nice but wasnt runnin right..that deal fell through..how do they run at cruising speed in snotty boat wake laden waters like we had here sunday..cause that is what i usually have to deal with and want a better ride through that stuff..later ..
I had DarrenUS1 and another friend on board and we ran back out of GR to the Captree bridge at between 75 and 80....no sweat. .....could have gone as fast as 90+ I guess... I have hit the Ferry boat wakes at those speeds with no ill effects....but not with anyone else on board. The amazing thing is ......the engines are loafing along out there.

T2x

T2x
Old 08-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to pick up a 28 to go with the Vee. Haul people in the Cig, haul azz in the Skate.

My fav.
Attached Thumbnails 28 Skater Repower--- 2.5 race to 300x's-skater-28.jpg  

Last edited by TwinStepGun; 08-24-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Registered

Any updates on the performance ?

Curtis
Old 10-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

How is the boat running Rich?

Quick Reply: 28 Skater Repower--- 2.5 race to 300x's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.