Notices

Bad Luck

Old 06-01-2004, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bad Luck

Man oh man. I'm hoping to run out of luck. Bad luck that is. A couple of months ago I smoked the sb outdrive on my Formula 357. About two weeks later I was driving along in my 'stang and I start to hear a knock. A profesionally built engine with less than 1000 miles on it developed a rod knock and has to be pulled. Then I get my outdrive back and installed and I have reverse and no forward. When the outdrive failed it took the transmission along with it. So, the next item on the list was a new transmission for the boat. I don't have a place to pull the engine so I had the marina do it ($$$$). Now, coming back from Memorial Day my F250 started to shudder. So, now it's a new tranny for the F250.

In two months thats an outdrive, a boat transmission, a short block and a truck transmission.

Sorry for the rant. I just had to ***** a little bit. I should be thankful as I have been blessed in so many ways and I am.

Thanks to all on OSO. Now, back to work so I can pay these fun, new expenses.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bad Luck

That is a string of bad luck Hope things turn for the better!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:53 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=bford1]

Sorry for the rant. I just had to ***** a little bit. I should be thankful as I have been blessed in so many ways and I am.

QUOTE]

I feel your pain. My rig was shrink wrapped and on the trailer ready to come to Oklahoma until someone stole the drives the night before.

There was still a glimse of hope to make Memorial Day until my best friends father died who I have known since the 6th grade. No way I could miss that funeral so I couldn't pick up the boat. Maybe I will see it this week.

On a positive note, I met a smokin chick last week and had a killer weekend at the lake with her. A gracious friend loaned me his Cig 35 Mistress. She had never been around anything boating related. Needless to say she is hooked now and wants to go faster!
Old 06-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See, things can work out. My boat is in IL at a shop for a broken axle. Made it there and 2/3rds back and snapped an axle. We chained it up but the other two looked real weak so we backed it into the spring and axle shop we were in front of (talk about lucky exits) and I called this morning to get it started. This is a big shop and they specialize in big trailers (semi) and trucks, been around for 60 years, nice people. It is called Spring Align if anyone is close and knows it. Exit 130 on 80 in Rockwell IL. Scuffed the trailer a bit but no other damage. It snapped right at the U bolts, clean and 2/3rds thru. We had 5 guys on it and thought we were OK until we did a test run and found the other 2 stressing. The spring guy said we did the right thing, it may have made it but then the other 2 would need R&R. Now I hope the drives stay put, we pulled the props. Special thanks to Mike, Tim, Chuck, and Tom for the help. It was nice going 80 without the trailer.