Another stepped hull goes dancing

Notices

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Old 06-02-2004, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Originally Posted by audacity
shane,,,who are you speaking of?...the twisted sticks boat? and yes i do offer to help a lot of people out there! MOST of the time asking NOTHING in return!!! ...also i was NOT at st.cloud this year!!! sorry bro.

Sorry dude, my bad, it was Marathon.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:28 AM
Registered

let me correct the rest of your story...i offered to help them out in any way i could after hearing they were tossed out in a P class race...i was under the TOTAL assumption they were both rookies...i really didn't want to see another team drop out of F2...(remember last year i was paying boats to race)....Bret explained who his throttle guy was...i was VERY apologetic there and later went over to both of them to apologize again. i NEVER said ANYTHING about charging them for help!...the day prior when they were asking me for parts so they could be legal for F2...i told them i think i could get the class/APBA to allow them to race anyway...yeah,,,and the last fact, sorry that was not me getting beat on a regular basis by the twisted stix boat...that had to have been lee murray or jo T and keith herbot.

i guess i really don't rate shane...i keep winning races with different boats and drivers...

Bret, please let me know if there was/is ANY hard feelings you or your throttleman may have...AND let me know if ya need anything! we'll talk money later!LOL...PS, i wana know more about what happened to your watch!

one more thing...i hardly think will's design is conventional...it uses venting and notch...and other very cool iders!
Old 06-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Registered

nick carter never raced...lee murray and steve orapeza raced nick's boat.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:04 AM
Registered

stepped hulls are for irresponsible little punks!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:15 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by KLAATU
We all got the only real solution to this problem week's ago! Get a bunny , put a pancake on it's head . While turning ,IF the pancake fall's off , your'e going into the turn to hot ! ( this is for step hull's only ) For traditional V's add syrup !
Literally fell out of my chair when I read this.

Regarding the missing skeg...

Originally Posted by Too Old
He could tell ya, but he'd have to kill ya.

Top secret hi tech racer/rigger/tech editor stuff.
How do I get in on this super secret stuff? I hold above a US DoD Top Secret Clearance. I drive a step-bottom boat now, and want to know if I need some SSG...

...Super Skeg Glue.

Originally Posted by Shane
Pat,

You are a fine man, with a realistic outlook, who is not affraid to call a spade a spade and tell it how it is. Not to mention you build one hell of a 32' boat! I hope you are well my friend.

Builds a HELLUVA 37' boat too!

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-02-2004 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Registered

For the step hulled crowd, I have a small question I can't seem to figure out. Help.
I recall in the last year several Gladiator's, Top Guns, Fountains and one OL I personally saw, (pleasure versions) spinning out and throwing their passengers out of the boat. If the theory that steps do not reduce safety on a boat are true than why are we not seeing the same amount or more of standard bottom boats acting the same way?
I would guess there are more non stepped high performance boats still in the water than stepped. If you say they are travelling faster than I ask, isn't that only in the straightaways, not turns? If you say they are pushing the limits of the boat more, I ask if the nonstepped guys are big puzzies and they are not out there on a regular basis pushing their boats equally hard? If you say driver error, than the nonstepped guys are not making egotistical idiotic mistakes at the same rate? Nonstepped guys don't show off? If you say new boat drivers are less experienced or wealthy individuals are buying stepped boats without ever owning other smaller boats first, I ask about all the rich people that came to Don Aronow and Ben Kramer and bought serious offshore rides without ever owning a boat. I personally have two freinds (first time boat owners) that bought a top gun with 700's and a tiger with 500's and neither ever spun out. If you say it is this forum and now we just hear about it more than I refer to my first question regarding the number of step boats versus nonstepped boats.
Speed gains in stepped hulls? I don't think that can be argued against very effectively. Fountain, formula, and cigarette are just three of many that have boats going much faster with equal power and it's not all weight. Can anyone make the argument that step hulled boats are as safe in a turn at the same speed as a nonstepped boat? Just curious? NK
Old 06-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
For the step hulled crowd, I have a small question I can't seem to figure out. Help.
I recall in the last year several Gladiator's, Top Guns, Fountains and one OL I personally saw, (pleasure versions) spinning out and throwing their passengers out of the boat. If the theory that steps do not reduce safety on a boat are true than why are we not seeing the same amount or more of standard bottom boats acting the same way?
I would guess there are more non stepped high performance boats still in the water than stepped. If you say they are travelling faster than I ask, isn't that only in the straightaways, not turns? If you say they are pushing the limits of the boat more, I ask if the nonstepped guys are big puzzies and they are not out there on a regular basis pushing their boats equally hard? If you say driver error, than the nonstepped guys are not making egotistical idiotic mistakes at the same rate? Nonstepped guys don't show off? If you say new boat drivers are less experienced or wealthy individuals are buying stepped boats without ever owning other smaller boats first, I ask about all the rich people that came to Don Aronow and Ben Kramer and bought serious offshore rides without ever owning a boat. I personally have two freinds (first time boat owners) that bought a top gun with 700's and a tiger with 500's and neither ever spun out. If you say it is this forum and now we just hear about it more than I refer to my first question regarding the number of step boats versus nonstepped boats.
Speed gains in stepped hulls? I don't think that can be argued against very effectively. Fountain, formula, and cigarette are just three of many that have boats going much faster with equal power and it's not all weight. Can anyone make the argument that step hulled boats are as safe in a turn at the same speed as a nonstepped boat? Just curious? NK
That just about sums it up. Figures...he rides a VTX1800C!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

i saw the T/S that spun out at LOTO for the first time about a month ago. each time i saw it on the lake, they were running as fast as the water would allow them. Tbonepmp can vouch for me, i even made the comment to him that there was a new T/S on LOTO and the driver thinks he is a race boat driver. i hate to hear of another T/S wrecking, but from the way i saw it being driven, it doesn't surprise me one bit....

i'm glad that no one was hurt, but a blind man could have seen that wreck coming....
Old 06-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Can anyone make the argument that step hulled boats are as safe in a turn at the same speed as a nonstepped boat? Just curious? NK
I dont think a statement like that has ever been made in this recurring discussion....Are steps less forgiving?? Of course....Are there idiots out there that are going to push it to the extreme regardless??? Apparently so.......
Old 06-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Registered

I can safely turn in a stepped hull just as fast as in a conventional V-bottom. Ask me how! Call 1-800-goT2x...

Quick Reply: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.