Another stepped hull goes dancing >

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Notices

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Old 06-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Fair enough.....we agree to disagree......again....
Old 06-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Registered

USE YOUR HEAD WHEN DRIVING-Don't be a show-off
Old 06-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Registered

"Actually ....no, because if the top guys can't handle 'em.....who can?"...very silly statement...so just because top AMA pros crash,,,AND VERY OFTEN i may add!,,,we should not sell DE-TUNED (AND THEY ARE) sport bikes to the public?

i just may know something about racing

fact is, very few offshore racers practice on a closed course aside from the race weekend...in most motorsports crashing and figuring out everythings limitations is saved for practice...NOT the race!
Attached Thumbnails Another stepped hull goes dancing-race_bike2.jpg  
Old 06-02-2004, 11:32 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

=audacity

i just may know something about racing

!

And crashing.

Perhaps you should use the rabbit and pancake technique on your motorcycle.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 06-02-2004 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:52 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

and never attempt this at home.

T2x
Attached Thumbnails Another stepped hull goes dancing-fountain.jpg  
Old 06-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Registered

i retired to GP racing some time ago...so i will not be needing your advice!

crashing?...yep i know all about it...as all racers do!
Old 06-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I like mr. volocitys point ! Something is floating that you HAVE to avoid , you can't safely hank the wheel lock to lock on a stepped boat ! Even at slow speeds ... You don't have time to trim it ,just crack the wheel and BLOOP ,there you go .......

I am no expert but one of my favorite things is hard turns in a non step boat ! from 24' to 40' I have pushed them hard in turns in places I shouldn't have been . ( like those back channels when no one is around , kind of like the those jet boat courses !!) IF I had a step boat I would have been in the weeds !
Seams obvious that steps are more dangerous no matter what the reason ,(and lose of steering is a good reason ) .

People "claim" that steps are faster but faster then WHAT ? A heavier boat , a bigger boat , an older boat ?? Aren't stepped boats lighter ? Isn't it because they are cut down to nothing in the back ? Wouldn't that be a possible conection to more speed ? Why not just build a "cut down boat " (shorter) . Rather then add steps to create a dangerous steering condition .
Take a 47' boat with 6'5" headroom in the cabin and add stepps ....... Sure ,you just lost about a TON ! It has to be faster . But now you have a 47 boat with no steering control in a tight turn headed right for YOU !

Someone asked " So is a cat with steps OK? " I don't think a cats turning is effected by steps like V's . The cat itself is a whole other story !

Just my .02

Last edited by boot; 06-02-2004 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boot
I like mr. volocitys point ! Something is floating that you HAVE to avoid , you can't safely hank the wheel lock to lock on a stepped boat ! Even at slow speeds ... You don't have time to trim it ,just crack the wheel and BLOOP ,there you go .......

I am no expert but one of my favorite things is hard turns in a non step boat ! from 24' to 40' I have pushed them hard in turns in places I shouldn't have been . ( like those back channels when no one is around , kind of like the those jet boat courses !!) IF I had a step boat I would have been in the weeds !
Seams obvious that steps are more dangerous no matter what the reason ,(and lose of steering is a good reason ) .

People "claim" that steps are faster but faster then WHAT ? A heavier boat , a bigger boat , an older boat ?? Aren't stepped boats lighter ? Wouldn't that be a possible conection to more speed ? Why not just build a "cut down boat " (shorter) . Rather then add steps to create a dangerous steering condition .
Take a 47' boat with 6'5" headroom in the cabin and add stepps ....... Sure ,you just lost about a TON ! It has to be faster . But now you have a 47 boat with no steering control in a tight turn headed right for YOU !

Someone asked " So is a cat with steps OK? " I don't think a cats turning is effected by steps like V's . The cat itself is a whole other story !

Just my .02
Great points Boot.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:35 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

more oops
Attached Thumbnails Another stepped hull goes dancing-fountain-3.jpg   Another stepped hull goes dancing-fountain2.jpg  
Old 06-02-2004, 12:38 PM
Registered

T2, that's the same oops!!

Quick Reply: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.