Another stepped hull goes dancing

Notices

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Old 06-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

"benefits"...your joking right???

hey lets talk about how motocross bikes of the 70's were safter because less people got hurt on them right!
Old 06-01-2004, 01:59 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by audacity
"benefits"...your joking right???

hey lets talk about how motocross bikes of the 70's were safter because less people got hurt on them right!
I never joke about nonsensical cavities molded into boat bottoms with no purpose other than to feed a myth and create a marketing buzz with the added attribute of misbehaving in turns.

As to motocross bikes of the 70's.....I guess if fewer people get hurt....than that was a safer condition. Unless your point is that more injuries result from safer conditions?

T2x
Old 06-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
I never joke about nonsensical cavities molded into boat bottoms with no purpose other than to feed a myth and create a marketing buzz with the added attribute of misbehaving in turns.

As to motocross bikes of the 70's.....I guess if fewer people get hurt....than that was a safer condition. Unless your point is that more injuries result from safer conditions?

T2x
Gee.....no doubt on your opinion here.....unfortunately I disagree with you again.....it is total BS to blame a design for the accidents we are seeing....they all have one thing in common....pushing the performance envelope.....and not knowing your limitations.....a man has got to know his limitations........."The final answer"?????? A bit egotistical dont ya think Rich?????

Last edited by Spitfire1; 06-01-2004 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Registered

T2x....i think u need to campaign a super v or F2 boat that has a conventional bottom...come out and show us how it's done...don't keep telling us....how about show us!...hell...use a 30' w/500's and boxes if ya like...that's a 3000 LBS we're going to spot ya!!!...boxes, upgraded headers too!...this i gota see...o wait i did, lapping them every race they entered!...yah, no benefits i forgot.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Stepped Top Gun in LOTO.

Insurance going to be a biotch very soon.

http://www.mswp.state.mo.us/news/NRD...ict=&ID=040025

Oh now G.L. You just want steps to go away so that you can keep up!
Old 06-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Registered

T2x....i think u need to campaign a super v or F2 boat that has a conventional bottom...come out and show us how it's done...don't keep telling us....how about show us!...hell...use a 30' w/500's and boxes if ya like...that's a 3000 LBS we're going to spot ya!!!...boxes, upgraded headers too!...this i gota see...o wait i did, lapping them every race they entered!...yah, no benefits i forgot.
Joe, that's not true about the "no benefits" part - T2x did say that it feeds the marketing hype. Obviously that must be a benefit (and the inside corporate scoop that Rich gets is amazing - he must have a mole on the inside at every manufacturer that builds step hulls!)

One of these days I'm expecting to see the uber-secret documents that show how all of these manufacturers colluded to build step hulls that were "unsafe" all in an effort to kill the folks that buy them while feeding the marketing hype. Rumor has it Oliver Stone has purchased the movie rights...
Old 06-01-2004, 02:53 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Joey:

If Factory racers were all geniuses....they'd be designing Skaters.

T2x
Old 06-01-2004, 02:55 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
.."The final answer"?????? A bit egotistical dont ya think Rich?????

Regarding me? ...... Nah!

T2x
Old 06-01-2004, 02:57 PM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Yes, in fact it was a TS/TG. I had seen it earlier this year at Lake Shores. I think it had been recently purchased from Lip Shipp, a gorgeous Gun BTW. Drivers seat stand broken and torn from floor and hatch is gone, but otherwise doesn't look too bad for being under water. They have the motors flushed already and new oil and have had them running. Just waiting on insurance co. now.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:57 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dockrocker
Joe, that's not true about the "no benefits" part - T2x did say that it feeds the marketing hype. Obviously that must be a benefit (and the inside corporate scoop that Rich gets is amazing - he must have a mole on the inside at every manufacturer that builds step hulls!)

Remember the "hood mounted tachometer"?........ "Shaker hoods"?

I preferred those useless doodads...... at least the car didn't spin off into the toolies.

T2x

Quick Reply: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.