Like Tree0Likes

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Reply
Old 06-03-2004, 07:53 PM
  #251
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser

The only thing I am surprised to learn of in this multi-paged thread is that some still think steps are a gimmik.
I have no opinion if they are a gimmik or not, but they damn sure are a marketing tool. If not, they wouldn't be mentioned in a brochure.
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:01 PM
  #252
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Hydrocruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda
I have no opinion if they are a gimmik or not, but they damn sure are a marketing tool. If not, they wouldn't be mentioned in a brochure.
A gimmick is a deceptive maneuver. Mentioning a feature of the boat is expected. Features tell benefits sell. It's the increase in speed that sells.
Hydrocruiser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:02 PM
  #253
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
My Boats: Slippery when wet!
Posts: 10,833
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Why are Cats even mentioned in here ?? Along with the fact that there are many “Mentalities” to the Vee bottom issue and it is Unfair to place them all in the same Group..
Hustler and OL have pretty good records..
Steve 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:07 PM
  #254
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member
 
cigarette1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Kicked to the curb
My Boats: Toy Boat - Toy Boat - Toy Boat
Posts: 2,345
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1
..
Hustler and OL have pretty good records..
Why do you think that is ?

G
cigarette1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:27 PM
  #255
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Hydrocruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1
Why are Cats even mentioned in here ?? Along with the fact that there are many “Mentalities” to the Vee bottom issue and it is Unfair to place them all in the same Group..
Hustler and OL have pretty good records..

Nice kitty.
Hydrocruiser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:33 PM
  #256
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
My Boats: Slippery when wet!
Posts: 10,833
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

1 Hi
That could or would fall under the heading "Customer service"and or skull session,guidance,teaching, training..But the fact remains Hustler was the first 100 MPH production boat..And OL has the Speed record,That in-itself says they are doing a lot of things right.Weather screening customers or more sophisticated training sessions and repeat experienced buyers.

Or could simply be the law of probability How many Gladiators and TS's have been sold in comparison to the others?
Steve 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:40 PM
  #257
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Hydrocruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1
1 Hi
That could or would fall under the heading "Customer service"and or skull session,guidance,teaching, training..But the fact remains Hustler was the first 100 MPH production boat..And OL has the Speed record,That in-itself says they are doing a lot of things right.Weather screening customers or more sophisticated training sessions and repeat experienced buyers.

Or could simply be the law of probability How many Gladiators and TS's have been sold in comparison to the others?
When I called last year all they screened me for was $$.
Lots more Cigs out there than Ol and Hustlers at least in my area. I never even saw a Hustler or Ol except in a magazine till last season. Always wondered why Hustlers and OL's are such limited production boats. Demand usually drives production.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 06-03-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Hydrocruiser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:52 PM
  #258
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
My Boats: Slippery when wet!
Posts: 10,833
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Hydro then it is like I said the shear numbers rule.. But I just can't Imagine sitting someone in a 100 MPH +++ 1 Mill Boat and just pushing them off the dock and waving good-Bye maybe a OL guy will chime in here and reiterate the instructed wheel time they get at Purchase.
Steve 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:05 PM
  #259
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Hydrocruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1
Hydro then it is like I said the shear numbers rule.. But I just can't Imagine sitting someone in a 100 MPH +++ 1 Mill Boat and just pushing them off the dock and waving good-Bye maybe a OL guy will chime in here and reiterate the instructed wheel time they get at Purchase.
I think most dealers handle buyers questions well and give a sea trial. That I think Is customary for education and to further bond with their customers. The guy I boat my boat from went for a ride with me, only spoke when spoken to and yea cast me off with a wave. Then poor service and no help from that point onward. Next boat will be a Cigarette.
Hydrocruiser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:16 PM
  #260
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member
 
cigarette1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Kicked to the curb
My Boats: Toy Boat - Toy Boat - Toy Boat
Posts: 2,345
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1
1 Hi
That could or would fall under the heading "Customer service"and or skull session,guidance,teaching, training..But the fact remains Hustler was the first 100 MPH production boat..And OL has the Speed record,That in-itself says they are doing a lot of things right.Weather screening customers or more sophisticated training sessions and repeat experienced buyers.

Or could simply be the law of probability How many Gladiators and TS's have been sold in comparison to the others?
Yo 1,

That's about exactly what I was thinking, but I wanted to hear it from you. I do think it is more to do with the number of boats sold. Add that OL's are an exclusive boat and probably draw a more mature clientel ... maybe.

For the record ... we had an OL hook and spin in the SCOPE Poker Run a couple of years ago ... and it wasn't in a turn. I won't say it was a hardware issue, but it was a combination of HIGH speed, driver and boat.

G
cigarette1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
PhantomChaos
General Boating Discussion
24
06-01-2011 09:09 PM
sandcraft
General Boating Discussion
53
03-29-2006 09:31 AM
RJ1340
Fountain
14
09-06-2004 01:15 PM
snopro13
Fountain
6
08-26-2003 10:28 AM
snopro13
Powerquest
8
05-16-2002 03:10 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.