Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where is the "Waterfoul was with us, here's what broke thread"? >

Where is the "Waterfoul was with us, here's what broke thread"?

Notices

Where is the "Waterfoul was with us, here's what broke thread"?

Old 06-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where is the "Waterfoul was with us, here's what broke thread"?

Originally Posted by hp500efi
Post Em Cord !!
Yeah, what he said!!
Old 06-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cord
I'm sorry, but we were not able to take many pics. We all found our right hands busy and discovered that we were not ambidextrous. Besides, you wouldn't be interested in the pics of the two topless chicks french kissing.

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

One entry found for ambidextrous.

Main Entry: am·bi·dex·trous
Pronunciation: "am-bi-'dek-str&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Late Latin ambidexter, from Latin ambi- + dexter right-hand -- more at DEXTER
1 : using both hands with equal ease
2 : unusually skillful : VERSATILE
3 : characterized by duplicity : DOUBLE-DEALING
- am·bi·dex·trous·ly adverb
Old 06-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I don't know why you'd want to see two pretty chicks making out when you can see a half dozen undressing. Seems as if Playboy kicked in $500 to make it happen. You'd swear some of those girls were late with the mortage payment.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Registered

What happened on the turning deal Cord? Also, how is the river subsiding some I hope.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The river is almost down to it's banks. Another day or two and it'll back where it belongs. Free sand bags! You load.

I rerigged the boat over the last week. Pulled the engine out and reset the x-dim. When we were at LOTO the group of us were working on it to finish some of the minor details. I happened to grab the drive and it turned. It shouldn't do this with hydraulic steering, but I assumed there was air in the lines. When the drive turned I just happened to hear a "squish". I assumed this was a hydraulic leak. We checked all the connections and couldn't find any moisture. The problem is that these connections are very hard to get to. We just couldn't check them well enough. We decided to bleed out the system and then check for fluid. After all it could have been air that I heard rushing through the lines. We got to the ramp and fired the boat up. We bleed the system out, but there still were some trace amounts of air in it. Ramp traffic was starting to back up and I was under pressure to clear it. I should have pulled the boat out to check for that leak, but I chose to launch. I wanted to go around the point and get into the slip. We could then do the check. I got the boat pointed out and was checking for leaks. Non showed up. All gauges are normal. I had idled about 300 yards when the boat wandered. It felt like I was driving a single V. I corrected and didn't think about it. There was a line of buoys coming up and I was pointed right at one. I adjusted, but the boat didn't respond. I corrected again and the boat responded. It now started to drift back into the buoy. I put in full steering input in the other direction and the boat wouldn't respond. The waves finally turned me and I missed it by about 15'. I now had absolutely no steering input. We tipped another quart of oil, but it wouldn't build pressure. The last thing I was able to do was get the drive to heel full over so I could turn circles. It was too rough to pull back to neutral without drifting into the rocks. I then realized in our rush to launch that the phones had been left in the truck. I got on the radio and started calling for help, but nobody nearby responded. We shut down and pulled the drive straight and tried to hold it with a strap. The torque was too great and we ended up back in circles. We finally hailed a boat and got them to tow us in. Of course, later people realized why were turning circles. Right Mike?
Old 06-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Registered

Yes, Cord was rear ended when Mike was in the truck and I snapped an axle on the trailer while Mike was in the truck. I did get some good boating in, I figured with 6 people working on Cords boat I would just be in the way so I and a buddy I brought boated, we kept in touch but things kept going South for the others. Then on Sunday a storm came in and I stayed put, everyone else left and about an hour later the sun came out. The cove cleared a little but the hard cores were left to party. We stayed there until 7 then went to two other bars and got home at 2am. Friday we got lost on the lake at night and after giving up we tied to a dock and slept, in the morning we found we had passed our spot by 30 miles I guess the night driving was just too much fun and I did not think to stop. Sat we went to the Big Easy right before it burned. All in all I put 15 running hours on the boat and spent only sleep time off it. We went thru 260 gallons of fuel. Now it is in Joliet IL until next thurs for an axle, the mfg does not have any on hand and has to build one so it will be a long week without the boat and having it 3 hours away makes it worse, it is a mess from the trip and needs to be cleaned bad. Oh yea, I scratched the keel of the boat while trying to get it on the trailer, Mike was at the tongue. Who ever heard of a boat launch without a dock? I had to get in the water to get it on right, that was a joke. Now I am not saying Mike had anything to do with this, just playing along with the theme of the Thread I did get to meet Jawbreaker Kid (Chad). I chased him on the water and he didn't see me, then saw him at Back Water Jacks and we talked for a while, Chad is a cool dude and I am glad to have met him there. Troutly, how did you hear this? Was it from the Police or the National Guard, both of which I met on this trip but not for anything bad, just to say hi and tell them thanks and cool boat. (it was a ceegar boat). We also saw a group of Marines on ahouse boat, the one with the gorilla with the huge member. They wanted us to take a picture but we passed, it was all guys on the boat and this big thing, we didn't need that photo in Norts hands you know.

Last edited by MitchStellin; 06-02-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Steve_H

Mike was near my boat friday night.
hmmmmmmm

Old 06-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Registered

I remember that LP, he had a hammer in his hand as he walked out of the cabin, he said something like "I couldn't get the toilet to flush so I hit this thru hull fitting with a hammer and soon there was plenty of water in the cabin to flush it" I hope Mike had a good day so he can take this all in stride. Hey, if I can keep my cool with a broken axle than anyone can. I even surprised myself.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Mitch- sorry to hear about the axle. it was nice meeting you. pictures do not do your boat justice.....it looks great! 15 trouble free hours isn't too bad either!!!

chad
Old 06-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
I remember that LP, he had a hammer in his hand as he walked out of the cabin, he said something like "I couldn't get the toilet to flush so I hit this thru hull fitting with a hammer and soon there was plenty of water in the cabin to flush it" I hope Mike had a good day so he can take this all in stride. Hey, if I can keep my cool with a broken axle than anyone can. I even surprised myself.

I think you meant plunger.

Quick Reply: Where is the "Waterfoul was with us, here's what broke thread"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.