Notices

NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??

Old 06-10-2004, 07:19 AM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??

where are we going to hang after the run????

When we raft up for the viewing of the run, because of the current in the river we cant tie up side by side. we have to tie up one in front of the other. The potential problem is the guy in the back is holding all the weight of lets say 6 boats on one anchor and cleat. As learned from last year don't expect to retrieve your anchor after after it has been pulled into the Hudson River mud from all that weight.

In my opinion the best place for a raft up is the North or south cove of Croton Point. This is a location where you wont be disturbed by any current but to far off the course for good viewing.

So what about maybe we stick to the plan of viewing the run down by the bridge like we always do but rather than everyone leave from there and go there own way we head up north and raft up in Croton bay or What about seeing if there is enough dock space at the Bay-view. We could also head north for a nice scenic run to newburg where there will be enough dock space for everyone.

Me personally I would like to all hangout somewhere on shore after the run and I always love running the boat up to newburg.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chuck
Add myself with the Spectre and my friend Aaron with his 31 Sonic to the raft up list.We are thinking abouth running all the way down the Hudson from Albany early Sat. morning. Shane, are you interested in running with us? Is anyone getting together on Friday night? Might be able to leave Friday evening. Does anyone know of any waterfront hotels on the water north of the city?
Chuck the offer still stands if you need a place to stay. I only have one spare bedroom but plenty of couch space if you do end up comming down on Friday. LMK.

I Think for the raft up we want to be a good ways (1-2 miles) south of the TZ so we can see the big boys runnin full bore. Afterwards a trip up north to Newburgh or a raft up in Croton would be great. The marina's in the city are jammed during this event so I think heading north afterwards might make a whole lot more sence.

Billy, you put on a hell of a show and we will do our best to not interfear as we have for the last 3 years. Good luck and have a safe event.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Registered

Paul, I agree with you,, We obviously have to head north anyway, but croton point and that cove are very nice, quiet and never very rough in there, for a hang out afterwards... we'll have to see what everyone else wants to do..
Old 06-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Anybody ever launch here??

11. Haverstraw Marina West Haverstraw, N. Y.

West Shore

In West Haverstraw go east on Railroad Ave. (Beach Road) to marina entrance. The ramp is in the north end of the marina.

The ramp is concrete, double width, but only the left-hand side is useable. The right hand side is gravel and badly broken sections of concrete. The ramp is out of the main currents of the river and there are floating docks on the left side. Low tidal conditions are not a problem at this facility. There is plenty of maneuvering room and parking for about 50 car/trailer combinations. Overnight parking is permitted but cars with trailers left overnight must use the "west storage yard." You can make arrangements to keep you boat in the water overnight or longer at this facility. That will save you the hassle of dragging it in and out of the water if you are planning a trip over several days. There is excellent fishing just across the Haverstraw Bay.A complete tackle store is available on the premises.

Hours of operation are from 8 am to 8 pm but you can change that by appointment. During the winter months it’s best to make an appointment.

Fees...Daily use for non-members is $20.00 and members $15.00. Fees must be paid at the main office.

For further information call: Haverstraw Marina at 914-429-2001 during regular business hours.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Registered

I think that's Tantrum's and hot-boats marina...
Old 06-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Registered

Why are Tony and Jill still on the "possibilities" list?
Old 06-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey guys,were planing on doing the run,but i know a short cut to the tap so i'll be lookin for you and to see who is the first to te bridge,if my rig makes it!! We have rooms booked at NYC fri and sat Tripps
Old 06-11-2004, 09:11 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??

WHATZZZZ OPPPPPPPPP Fellas?

I can't believe it. Here we are with another NY Poker Run already....

I'll be there Sat with family in tow. The boat? Still not so sure.

I'll probably get there early to see the boats prior to leaving on Sat. Maybe have lunch inside and see who comes back 1st.

Then I am trying to make plans to head up to the Adirondacks on Great Sacandaga Lake afterwards for a huge Hi-Performance Outboard gathering. It's going to be one busy weekend.
But I figured this will be the best way to show my lil girls just how many different types of hi performance boats there are.....

Chris288, Thanks for being my my safety patrol boat!
Chris was kind enough to follow me the entire length of the run. He put some serious miles on his boat that day!
LOL

Shane & CBR, Thanks for the kind words....

Shane? Will you be going to the Romp?

Rolling Under, For the record, it was 12' 9" in length....
Attached Thumbnails NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??-nyc-run-9a1.jpg   NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??-nyc-run-8a.jpg   NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??-sharkwaveny2002a3.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 06-13-2004 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, 26Sonic (Tony), and Jill (Sonic99), where are you guys? I was waiting to see if you posted on this topic to find out what you guys are gonna do. We will be trailering down to Gully's from Catskill with the Sonic like last year, my brother too as long as his new boat gets delivered next week on time, it went in to production Monday. The 36 Outlaw is going too but he don't know if he's gonna trailer or drive his boat all the way, he says the boat gets better gas mileage than the Ford F250 5.4. And we have another guy trailering down with us too. I hope we can meet up and shoot the sh*t. Let us know!!
and whatever happened to Dckraft, Dave? Are you out there lurking????? Are you going too? Hope to see you again!!!
Old 06-13-2004, 10:08 AM
Registered

As of right now there are only a few of us leaving from Gully's,, I was wondering what happened to Dave also,, he's left from there the last couple of years also.. were gonna try and leave from Gully's by 8:30-9:00....

Quick Reply: NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.