Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   blown out knees (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80491-blown-out-knees.html)

sonic28 06-03-2004 09:57 AM

blown out knees

i people need some advise i have a 31 sonic that i use only on weekends i find by Monday morning I'm popping Advil my knees are killing me.yes i stand all the time due to the fact I'm to short to sit.i've tried padding on the floor. any suggestions.

wwwTOPDJcom 06-03-2004 10:01 AM

Re: blown out knees

I would Ask Phantom Chaos " Nort" what he does for his problem :D :D

R Addiction 06-03-2004 10:12 AM

Buy a 25 Active Thunder!!! :D :D I use a peice of one those roll up rafts (dense foam type). Works well!! I have bad neck and lower back pains (auto mechanic 22 years :rolleyes: ) and this seems to help. I have an endless supply of 800mg Ibuprofens too!! :p If all this fails.......Tantrum has a nice 25 Active Thunder for sale :rolleyes: :D

Chris288 06-03-2004 10:45 AM

how do you suppose a 25 A.T. is going to ride better than a 31 sonic ??

BAJA342 06-03-2004 10:47 AM

I always wear a good pair of sneakers when running. Seems to add some cushion.

cigarette1 06-03-2004 11:42 AM

A pair of Nike's with with the large air bags.

Or buy a Gladiator :)

martiniboat 06-03-2004 12:01 PM

Sonic, I feel your pain bros! ...literally. I have one b*tched knee that always wants to end the 'party' early. :(

I've tried all sorts of dense foam pads etc. but have yet to come across something that could be considered a 'cure'. Once again this has led me to the drawing board since I believe that this a problem inherant to offshore boating and certainly will not go away. Look for a 'cure' in the future from MMDI. A little something that will retrofit to any offshore rig.

In the meantime Dr. B recommends knee wraps, you're not going to be a 'frontrunner in fashion' :rolleyes: but it has helped me in the past. Just my .02

Brian :drink:

GregP 06-03-2004 12:46 PM

Have the bolsters raised so they fit you, and fab a foot rest/platform to match the height. Try to lean back into the bolster not stand straight up so your knees can bend a little and absorb the shock. The Formula's foot risers (original owner had them made, it's from before Formula started adding adjustable rests to their boats) let you lean back into the bolster which is much more confortable. And as said above, wear good running shoes. I've gone out in sandles and it does tire the feet/knees/legs a lot more.

-Greg

GregP 06-03-2004 12:47 PM

Oh, and I have a solution if you want to go the bigger boat route too :D

-Greg

Sloman 06-03-2004 01:03 PM

i raise my electric bolster so it's just under my a** and i lean back in the seat so my legs don't take all of the pounding works for me or you could always try phone books :D